Low Brow

Florida_Phil

I've been test fitting my bucket, and I'm concerned that the brow is a bit lower than I want it to be. (Of course at this point I've drilled holes in the marked spots.

Anyone have suggestions for how to gimick the brow to be just a BIT higher?

(I've tried shifting where it connects on the bottom around the neck, but it just makes the hole smaller AND doesn't really help, so I guess the crux is inside the ears attachment point, but I'm lost as to how to shift it and keep the helmet together and still raise the brow?)

Posted Image

just take the black rubber part off and cut the plastic part beneath the rubber away! do it in small steps! and testfit it over and over again with the rubber part untill it looks like you want it to look!

Ill got the same problem when ill done my AP helmet.

So i took the face part, and dit the holes a bit bigger up.

So when i get i together again ill can pull the face part down, and get more space ower the eyes to the borw.

I take it your helmet is an AP judging by the holes marked out.I would ignore them totally because they are in the wrong places IMO.Test fit the face inside the helmet by taping it together and using clamps/clips to keep it in place.Once you are happy,drill a hole in the middle of the ear cap area,or toward the face for accuracy and then you can tilt the face forward or backwards and then drill a hole at the bottom of the ear cap 'tail'.I use small bolt and nuts when trying to get the face right before I commit to riveting.I don't think any of the real helmets were trimmed back to create the high brow look,it was just how they were assembled.Just my 2¢