My new pack

cjfive

Well after two days of trooping with my old pack I decided a new pack was in order. The original is made of the battery boxes from walmart, and doesn't look a thing like the screen used packs and weighs a ton. The new pack looks similiar to the screen(not any where near exact) but weighs almost nothing. I used an alice frame for the base, two litter boxes from walmart, couple of boxes, and two bottles. Let me know what you think

Old pack

Posted Image

new pack

Posted Image

Posted Image

It still needs a couple of attachments, most notably the straps to wear it and the mortar tube. but I like it a lot more then the old one.

CJ[/img]

Also just added my speakers system to it. Took a pair of powered speakers from an old computer and gutted them. Have one mounted behind the speaker plate on the radio face plate

Posted Image

Posted Image

and one on the right side of the frame(the holes will be covered by the tube)

Posted Image

Posted Image

then just plug in the 9v battery(not sure yet if I need to add a second battery or not. Don't know what the volts suppested for the sound board is and 1 seems to run it okay, just wondering about life expenctancy of 1 9v) and plug in the mp3 and viola the imperial march. And not much weight.[/img]

i love the idea of having a soundsystem in the backpack although i think it might be quite heavy while trooping! but i can imagine the imperial theme might be impressiv while in armor...

• 1 month later...

well finnally got it complete(mostly) Have an event tomorrow so its going to have to be good enough as is. Not happy about the weathering...will redo it after tommorrow. Its missing the radar dish(which i have just not paintied yet) the 5 little tubes on the right and the tube on the left side. Also my speakers and amp seem to have died during the final assembly. Worked great for about 1 minute...unhooked the battery...and it all died. So may have to yank the speakers out and slap a new set of speakers in later. anyway let me know what you think

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PS btw when useing your dremel...wear saftey glasses...or perhaps your helmet. Those cutting wheels do a number on your face when they break. Thought I was going to have to drive myself to the ER...luckily the blood stoped flowing after about 15 minutes.

then just plug in the 9v battery(not sure yet if I need to add a second battery or not. Don't know what the volts suppested for the sound board is and 1 seems to run it okay, just wondering about life expenctancy of 1 9v)[/img]

You don't wanna hook up a higher voltage than the board requires. That won't make it run longer...more likely you'll end up frying a component or two. If it requires 9 volts, stick with 9 volts.

Just FYI.