Check out Mcmaster.com. Search for part # 10335T39...it's a Green Replacement Acetate Window For Face Shield With Ratchet Headgear, and it was exactly the right material for me to make my own lenses and it was only $5 plus shipping. I just traced the outline of my bubble lenses onto the sheet, cut them out with scissors, and hot glued them into the helmet. There's also plenty left over in case you need to make more.

ok...were can i scoop up some of these for a few bucks?

In Denmark/Copenhagen we got it in a art shop for painteres/graphic artist ex.

A green sheet (perfect colour and look) about 100cm mulitply 100cm, for about 8 dollars.

Hope you find out of somthing asap, so you are ready for duty.

Have a nice day trooper.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

ok...were can i scoop up some of these for a few bucks?

In Denmark/Copenhagen we got it in a art shop for painteres/graphic artist ex.

A

Posted Image

TD252 - I came across your bucket close up and was wondering if it's a GF? I think your weathering looks great. I picked one up about two months ago from a guy that needed money fast. Mine is a signed GF. I'm awaiting the hovi-mix from Keith. I used TD1536's tutorial for the paint chip effect using Krylon Fushion river rock, gloss white and some liquid latex...I took some of your advice from the pauldron weathering post I did. I removed some of the "dirt". It was a little excessive once I weathered the helmet to my liking.

TK-Vader312 - I used a replacement green welder's mask for $8 and hot glue. It appears black but it's green and you can see out of it very well. I also tested it with a flash camera. The flash will not reveal your eyes what so ever. The shield cuts with scissors very easily...

Posted Image

Here's a close up with a flash camera (an arms length away)...eyes won't show through...don't mind my lips showing I still have to screen off the frown.

Posted Image

• 3 years later...

Crap I got this message...I can't order...

Thank you for your order. Unfortunately, due to the ever increasing complexity of United States export regulations, McMaster-Carr will only process orders from a few long-established customers in Canada. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this causes you.

Well I have to find something soon

How much do you need? Do you want to make two individual lenses, or a single strip that goes across both eyes? Can you post measurements?

I have an AP Lid...and not sure what is best...two pieces or the full lenght one piece?

right know I have two piece green bubble lenes..

I guess if I need one piece it would be about 11" x 2"?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rob

go to whitearmor.net (First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment) and go to the forums, sales area and look up smitty's thread. He makes killer lenses (flat, concave, bubble) out of shade 4 welders goggles (You can see out, they can't see in, not even with a flash)

I'd link, but you need to be registered and logged in to the forum (you can use your MEPD info to reigster quickly like you can on all 501st boards, just go to register first) before you can see sales area.

I'll get up in the attic tomorrow and see how much I have left over. I have bought replacement welders shields at a local hardware store for less than $10.

My FX helmet had individual lenses, my RT-Mod has a strip. I think either one works good, it just depends on what you want and how you want to attach the lense(s).

Rob, I made a crude template of the outside of my RT-Mod helmet around the lens area and the scrap I have should be big enough to make two individual lens pieces if you are careful and cut it right the first time. Just make a paper template first and trace the shape onto the lens. Start off by making it as big as you can, then make it smaller if you need to. You can cut it with a pair of normal scizzors.

It is a piece of welder's shield still wrapped in its protective plastic.

Posted Image

The paper template I made is 5" across the top and the tallest part is 2 1/4 inches. You can see there's enough room on the piece to make it only slightly bigger than that. This is roughly the area the template fit on my RT-Mod helmet:

Posted Image

I don't know how much different an AP helmet is. If you want to give it a try, PM me your address and I'll mail it off to you.

Also found this site...http://www.phillips-safety.com/store/index.php?cPath=41_66

I'm looking for the reflective green lenses for my MRCE, not the common dark green lenses we see pop up from time to time.

Hey Guys, After reading all of these I'm a bit embarassed by what I used for my green lens.

I found a kid's toy police helmet with a green lens at Walmart.

It's the right size & at $1.99 the price was right!

I have yet to find a photo where you can see my eyes through the lens.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone! I saw this post and wanted to let you know if anyone is looking for green lenses, I regularly have them posted for sale on Ebay. Here is my link to check them out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item3cab72bdf3

If anyone is interested, DON"T make a purchase through Ebay!!!!!

I am offering special pricing for 501st and MEPD members. They are oversized to fit ANY bucket and I can also pre-drill them for use in MRCE buckets.

Anyone looking for the mirrored or reflective lenses, I can do those also, but only for MRCE. The reflective green lenses are slightly more expensive due to the cost of the material.

Thanks! :D

• 1 month later...

I'm looking for the reflective green lenses for my MRCE, not the common dark green lenses we see pop up from time to time.

Ben, your mirrored green lenses will be shipping tomorrow. Also sending you some replacement screws for the mounting posts in your MRCE.

;)

• 3 weeks later...