Scratch built T21

To save up money for armor, I decided to make a T-21 from scratch. Unfortunately, during the duration of this project I was unaware of sandtrooper.net. I used DVD screen shots and info from TK409’s site. The measurements of my T-21 (stock, receiver and barrel) are exact to the ones provided on TK409’s site. The stock and receiver are made from three 1/2" pine boards (glued and screwed). I used flat black and silver metallic on the receiver. I used brass metallic and a light coat of flat black on the barrel. The barrel is PVC. I found a "red" leather strap at Tractor Farm Supply which I roughed up with my mouse sander and spray painted a sand color. I used o-rings on the barrel. The "fins" between the receiver and barrel are pieces of molding that I cut on angles with my miter saw and fit into place. The stock was mounted to the receiver by using a hole saw, a PVC connector and liquid nails. I have a friend that is a licensed arms dealer. He was able to come across a real Lewis for $800. I had to turn down the offer due to saving up for my armor. If anyone is interested, PM me and I’ll provide his contact info. What do you guys think (please be kind, I know it's not "movie" accurate like a real Lewis!)? Thanks to my buddy Ralph for being the model!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image