shwarzwald

Well the price isn't bad. However I still have enough silicone to attempt another batch of this. Worst comes to worst I'll probably  just stick with the abs hand plates. Because atm I still need to pick up a belt, more primer, and maybe some fuller earth for later.

Ok so did more test fitting today and adjusted the lengths of the straps on the inside. So good news is I have the upper body all self supported and with little to no gaps showing anywhere. Now for the bad news. 

For the butt plate I will have to keep that lip on top and actually add to it to make it flush with the rest. Otherwise I end up with over an inch gap.  I also need to heat and adjust the back plate to form better to my back and shoulders as well as the kidney plate needs rounded more. Also I may bend he bottom of the butt plate to curve better.

The shoulder straps will need to be lengthened by at least 1-2 inches to make everything sit better.

So hopefully on this upcoming weekend I'll have time and I can get cracking on at least a few of these issues.

Ok so I still need to find our heat gun, so abs bending is on hold. However the weather finally was clear enough for me to get some more coats of primer onto the helmet. Also even better news is I finally got the first few coats of paint onto the boots!

cF0Jg2X.jpg

DSAa1YM.jpg

zjvNQnt.jpg

Also sorry for the lack of updates. College is in full swing and being out of school for nearly a decade has made it a little bit hard to get back into the groove. But I think I should be able to find a good balance soon.

Got the new shins trimmed out and working on finer trimming for best fitment. Visor material came in so trimming that for the clone helmet and both stormtrooper helmets.

Lastly I got the new abs helmet trimmed and cut. Working on getting it to sit where it needs to.  A minor hiccup happened and they forgot to send the ears. ( They already fixed it and got some being sent out to me.)

FKLNOGG.jpg

Also got any feedback for those teeth holes?  Not sure if the small ones are too small.

So per a suggestion from a mwmber in my garrison I swapped two of the shins around and got them mocked up. Once I get some feedback if they look good I can do finally trimming and get ready to glue in the inside coverstrips. (Also make sure they can go over the boots fine. Which are almost done drying)

5BbZuUQ.jpg

That's good enough for me to move forward. Three forums and 24 hours isn't getting me many responses, so I'm gonna put my trust in you. Also thank you for being one of the few to help me a lot with this build.

Also I went ahead and widened the third and fourth set on the teeth.

Hey just a shout out to you guys. It may not seem like much, but I value each response. Each time I get on here and see a new post it gives me that motivation to keep pushing forward. It also sometimes really helps to see something from another perspective. My biggest fear is to get to the finish line and find out I have to fix something major that could have been prevented in the build stage.

I also do as much research as I can find with google and such as well. I dont always hop on here to ask arbitrary questions. (Not always. XD)

With that being said tonight is just gluing on the outer cover strips for the forearms.  So nothing too big. Also hopefully by this weekend I can finish up the shins and finalize the thighs. After that it's down to adjustments in the strapping and maybe adding double snaps in some areas. 

I just finished my TD build and got it approved at the beginning of this month, so I'm still very new but I have been following your build from the beginning and it's awesome you have the same questions I did and I enjoy seeing your progress. I can't wait to see the weathering you do. Keep up the work buddy. 

Oh I'm very excited for the weathering portion. I have been looking at many different styles and found one I like. Sadly I won't be able to get swat as I wont be going for the roadblock sergeant as originally planned. But I will have a unique sandy nonetheless.

Ok so I have switched the shins back and forth, switched inside and outer, and still cannot find what feels and looks best on my shins. Either my calf muscles are too large or at least one of these shins is an oddball. I'm worried its gonna be worse when I try to start trimming them to fit over the boots.

Any suggestions?

Ok so I took all the opinions and put them together. So hopefully these look right. I may trim the bottoms a little more once I'm 100% sure they are on the correct sides and such. Once I see green across the board I will finalize trimming and put the coverstrips on.

So what do y'all think?

UQlnTYb.jpg