Trimming Bicep Pieces

freakengine

I'm done with the basic assembly of my armor, and am currently at the fitting stage, and the inside of my elbows keep getting pinched by the bottom of the bicep pieces. I could possibly move the biceps pieces further up into the shoulder bells, but that would result in a lot more black showing all the way around, so I'm thinking of trimming a slight curve into the inside bottom edge of the bicep pieces.

My question is, has anyone here ever done this, and does it look okay with a slight curve there? Perhaps it just has to do with HOW slight I could make it and still fix the problem.

-Tom

On my FX armor,i trimmed one inch off the bicep for the same reason you speak of.worked great and didnt look any different.if i remember rite,i trimmed it off the bottom then sanded the edge,took the pinching out of it.I also trimmed about a inch off the bottom of the shoulder bells,so they didnt look so big.trimming movie accurate armor wouldnt be as easy,since there is a slight lip on the bottom of the parts.cutting that off might look odd.WeiBes

Before you cut any plastic,my advice is to try pulling the forearm up higher so the curve is right at your inner elbow.I think we all come across this problem,these suit's nip By keeping the forearm high,it tucks under the bicep when bending your arms.

On my suit I had the same problem.It was caused by the forearm was too low and my skin was getting caught between the bicep when I bent my arms.I simply shortened the elastic strap so that when the suit was not worn,it was tight up against the bicep.It sorted the problem out

You can always trim the bicep too if that doesn't help.A slight arch trimmed out from the bottom inner half of the bicep will help.Start with a small arch to begin with,then trim more if it needs it.You can do the same thing with the top of the inner forearm too.Just remember to start off trimming a little bit at a time and keep test fitting.

-Paul.

Thanks a lot, you guys. I'll certainly take the advice to heart.

I had thought I would simply shorten the strap attaching the bicep to the shoulder bell, but I can't get the bicep armor to go any higher on my arm. I either have to trim the bicep tops, the bottoms, or add a shims to allow them to move higher. I think I'll try a very slight trim at the bottom first. I really don't think it will take a lot to alleviate the pinching. As it is now, I can hardly put my helmet on due to the pinching, so any little relief will help.

I'll let you know how it works out. Maybe I can raise the biceps a small amount along with a little judicial trimming.

As it is now, I can hardly put my helmet on due to the pinching

Yeah I know what you mean.It's still quite tricky for me too.It might help if I was skinny but I have big arms which doesn't really help.One thing that will cure this problem is my new flexible plastic