Thigh Sizing Question

Arch27

I have been trying to get an RT-Mod TK kit into a decent TD, but this part is bugging me:

R2iMs3nl.jpg

You can see that my right thigh, at the knee, is about 1.5" wider than my actual leg. If I walk with them suspended it'll swing back and forth like a church bell.

How should I fix it? Rip apart both the front and back, cut and reattach?

If I were to rip apart just the back seam and resize it to fix my leg, would that look strange?

I would take it apart at the rear. Use some tape as a guide to make a straight vertical cut. Then match up the other half.

Make sure to keep the knee area narrower than the upper thigh to avaid the appearance of a bell. I hiow this helps a little!

I would take it apart at the rear. Use some tape as a guide to make a straight vertical cut. Then match up the other half.

Make sure to keep the knee area narrower than the upper thigh to avoid the appearance of a bell. I hope this helps a little!

Thanks! I think that's what I'll do. Just cut the back apart and reattach.

I have a deadline of July 10th -- no later! Hopefully I can hammer it out.

Brought them in roughly 2 1/2 inches. Wow, what a difference!

They're currently glued and clamped, and I'll get a pic up after they're done.

Here's a pic after I resized them (held with painter's tape at the new correct size)

LgxjD4ml.jpg

Only things left on this kit are:

- Making the canvas shoulder straps (lost the ones I got from Trooperbay a couple years back)

- fixing/finishing the belt

- painting the chin on the helmet

- straps for the thighs/ redo the arm straps

- WEATHER EVERYTHING.

Oh and the pack needs the mortar tube pipe, but a friend says he has it. The one I have is too short by about 6". That's how it arrived... :6: