TK's being able to wear pauldrons being considered by legion

acerhater

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI; HWT will never be covered by MEPD. Per Thomas and the Council detachments can focus on whatever costumes they choose. Just because someone puts HWT under the TD letters doesn't make it anything we need to care about. It is covered by Spec Ops. For some of the comments as to standards and accuracy, think of it this way;

If there were no standards put into place and enforced the 501st would be filled with rubies vinyl costumes, which would be all the more anyone could hope for if no one cared about accuracy. "What trooping is all about" varies from person to person, for me my armor is as much a prop replica as it is a costume. In spite of how many try to spin the pursuit of accuracy as "sucking the fun out of everything" it is really fun for a lot of us. There are a lot of fun angles to all of this, so whichever ones you choose be happy with them and don't **** on others for choosing a different set than you did.

If nothing else take a step back and remember we're all just nerds in costumes, so don't take it too seriously. Our hobby best summed up, from a customs form addressed to me from an armor maker; "plastic mouldings".

FYI; HWT will never be covered by MEPD. Per Thomas and the Council detachments can focus on whatever costumes they choose. Just because someone puts HWT under the TD letters doesn't make it anything we need to care about. It is covered by Spec Ops. For some of the comments as to standards and accuracy, think of it this way;

If there were no standards put into place and enforced the 501st would be filled with rubies vinyl costumes, which would be all the more anyone could hope for if no one cared about accuracy. "What trooping is all about" varies from person to person, for me my armor is as much a prop replica as it is a costume. In spite of how many try to spin the pursuit of accuracy as "sucking the fun out of everything" it is really fun for a lot of us. There are a lot of fun angles to all of this, so whichever ones you choose be happy with them and don't **** on others for choosing a different set than you did.

If nothing else take a step back and remember we're all just nerds in costumes, so don't take it too seriously. Our hobby best summed up, from a customs form addressed to me from an armor maker; "plastic mouldings".

I couldn't have possibly said it better myself....your post sums up my POV pretty much perfectly.

So with all of this TK wanting to wear a pauldron, etc and become a TD within the 501st...is it possible for a TD to drop a paudron and pack and request a TK ID as well (of course he or she would still be dirty )? If so, would that TD not be allowed to do so because of the dirt, the diamond knee plate and non-button ab plate? I'm TD material all the way and never plan to be a TK but I thought I would turn the situation around and see what you all think about that one

Dude, your almost there...you just need accurate MP40 pouches on each hip and some dirt

I do have pouches on my belt (although not the MP40s), and my Luke stuff is weathered (not showing up in that picture too well). I guess I cover more bases than I thought with the added pauldron, huh? hahaha

If nothing else take a step back and remember we're all just nerds in costumes, so don't take it too seriously.

Hey take that back seth we are not nerds

now if anyone needs me i will be playing an MMORPG

I'm a level 13 warror in the highliands and i must make it to the guild befor night fall

So with all of this TK wanting to wear a pauldron, etc and become a TD within the 501st...is it possible for a TD to drop a paudron and pack and request a TK ID as well (of course he or she would still be dirty )? If so, would that TD not be allowed to do so because of the dirt, the diamond knee plate and non-button ab plate? I'm TD material all the way and never plan to be a TK but I thought I would turn the situation around and see what you all think about that one

good point, well made. whats good for the goose and all that. not meaning to be contraversial but frankly TK's wanting to wear pouldrens is just downright laziness if you ask me (there, i said it) they fear the dirt, the backpack and all the hard work that that entails. either that or it's confusion of identity brought on by the desire to be a TD but not having the cajones to stop being a TK. am i wrong? am, i?

me, i'm greedy, i wanted to be a TD and TK so i got another kit and whammo!! best o' both worlds

Maybe a Jedi played a mindtrick on them!

good point, well made. whats good for the goose and all that. not meaning to be contraversial but frankly TK's wanting to wear pouldrens is just downright laziness if you ask me (there, i said it) they fear the dirt, the backpack and all the hard work that that entails. either that or it's confusion of identity brought on by the desire to be a TD but not having the cajones to stop being a TK. am i wrong? am, i?

me, i'm greedy, i wanted to be a TD and TK so i got another kit and whammo!! best o' both worlds

That's it right there... troopers not wanting to shell out for two kits, they (understandably because of the cost) want a Dual Purpose armor kit, but alas the differences are too many to pull it off properly.

I started as a nice clean TK, got into the 501st, then promptly bought another armor kit and achieved deployed TD status here! Although I totally dig the TK armor in it's own right, out of the DOZENS of trooping events I have done I have only trooped as a TK once, and that was because my TD wasn't presentable. I guess it's the Infantry Grunt in me that takes pride in looking like a working trooper...instead of a REMF!!

I'm going to build a custom, poseable mannequin to display my TK armor in my office... eventually. (and NO pauldron will EVER be affixed to it )

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot believe this is STILL an issue, but I guess I'm not at all surprised that Spanos is behind this. I've had run ins with him before, and this very issue was mentioned the last time we spoke on the phone months ago.

It's things like these incosistancies that drove me away from the council and legion boards a year and a half ago.

That's it. We all tuck black towels in our collars, and carry sabers from now on. I'm Darth Sandie.

Who's with me?

TD-0013

Glenn,

While certainly not connected to the issue of TKs with pauldrons, I was wondering if you were a martial artist?

Part of your signature line reads, "There is no chin behind Chuck Norris’ beard. There is only another fist."

I knew Chuck Norris in Southern California where he had opened his first studio in the city of Torrance. Many years later while in the United States Air Force, I would travel to South Korea and train under Master LEE HON IN who taught Korean Tang Soo Do at Osan Air Base where Chuck earned his first degree black belt.

T