What Email do you use: Gmail, iCloud, Other?

FIVE

So as I work I read online articles, this forum, etc., or listen to music, speakers, etc., and today I was reading.
I've also been thinking... which is usually a recipe for considering change.
Sometimes that change means thinking stuff like, "I want to start using Firefox instead of Chrome" — which I did recently.
Sometimes it just means, "I want to have my desk with papers on the left hand side now..."
Recently it has been, "Maybe I should leave Gmail and move over to iCloud for everything.
I'm a huge Mac advocate, as you know. And while I love my Samsung phone and I love my Gmail (somewhat love... it's more like I smile when it brings me a present...) there's something about the idea of having everything in one place, all sync-worthy, all nice and neat, that makes me think it'd be a good idea.
So... you my techie, Mac friendly peoples... what do you think?
Are your mouths stained with the Gmail/Google koolaid like mine are? Or do you do all things Mac? Or do you mix and match?

What are your pro-and-con lists?

Just FYI — and to reply to my own question — I will most likely I'll stay as is for a long time.

I think my readiness for email to be different / better than it always has been is one thing that drove this research.

Also I just hate (sort of) having a tab open for email all the time because there is nothing that works as well as Gmail by itself.

I for one embrace my future Google overlords. But I use Gmail for the same reason you are thinking of switching to icloud. Android phone, Google music account, my phone is synched with every conceivable Google service or utility at this point.