John's AM 2.0 build

TyWebb1075

Hello MEPD. I introduced myself back on 10/23 but will do so again since I haven't started my build thread until now. I'm John, age 40, from Southbridge, MA USA. I hope to join the NEG of the 501st if/when I ever get this build done. I'm a father of two girls (ages 11&15), a full time Police Officer & SWAT Operator, a Firearms/Taser instructor and between work, OT, details, and training my time is very limited. I purchased an AM 2.0 kit and it has been sitting around in the box since summer. (I'm 6'3" and 260lbs so I needed a larger kit.) Now that it is starting to get cold up here in the Northeast, I'm finding a I have a bit more time to get this ball rolling so here goes. I've been lurking around on here and FISD since April so I have a general idea what I need to do, but feedback is more than welcome. Thanks everyone.

I decided to start with the bucket. I'm using E6000 for this build and first glued cap and back. After it cured I fitted the face. I tried pulling the face forward to get the high brow look of the trooper I'm emulating (DB 94 Captain V1.) but found that it closed the bottom and I couldn't fit my head inside. So after I bolted everything together, I used a dremel and cut the cap to get the high brow look. The AM ears came trimmed but were still a nightmare as I don't think they were long enough. I think I sanded/fit/sanded/fit the left ear for a total of 6 hours.

Please forgive me if I don't get these pics up right away. I'm trying to figure out the photobucket thing.