2 day budget tupperware backpack with usable storage

Dizzy

Heres my "good enough" pack. i havent the funds for a screen accurate one so i pretty much ziptied tupperware together and came out with this. im 5'9"ish so the cistern and mortar tube are little shorter to be proportionate to my suit. on the inside i have a storage area to hold items i get at comic-con etc. hopefully thisll inspire some other 'financially responsible' troopers you can pretty much make a good looking pack out of anything. the weathering appears a little on the heavy side due to flash. it looks more natural in real life.

15404041470_d868334597_c.jpg

the complete list of parts i used (mostly scraps and things i had already) :

2 rubbermaid shoe storage, as seed trays [available at walmart for like 2 bucks each]

1 hillshire farms container, as medpack or whatever [its the standard container the deli meat comes in]

1 wet ones container [with a drink/food dome top i got from a dessert cup]

1 small cardboard tube i got from aluminum foil/plastic wrap

1 walmart 'stackers' small storage, as radio [has tabs on top n bottom to remove, see pics for more info]

1 milk cap

1 bottom of a clear plastic solo cup

2 beer bottle caps

1 20w portable amp [like a bigger aker which speaker was big and it looked good]

1 bondo container plastic top [comes on the bondo containers]

1 pvc pipe and straight connector [scrap]

4 pvc tubes and elbows for frame, bent with heatgun

1 bondo fiberglass resin container top

1 plastic clear solo cup

1 paper towel roll

2 rolls of webbing for straps

2 backpack buckles

1 gladware container

1 small funnel

1 large walmart 'stackers' container for inner "trunk" shopping storage

piece of an old car air filter i had laying around [in the space near cistern for visual breakup]

2.75inch diameter cardboard tube

1 xbox/dvd case

a bunch of zipties and hot glue

some of the supplies prior to drilling holes and mounting

14933619884_305cf03c96.jpg

pretty much imagine a montage of clips of me drilling, ziptying, hot glue gunning, exacto-knifing played to the theme from Rocky, then i realized theres all this open space i could take advantage of. more cutting

14934197363_b883022259.jpg

then i put the trunk in

15551697401_d445360e0a.jpg

this is how little its viewable. painted black cant tell its there. the lid to the radio is secure to the bottom box.

15368235518_a7e7d4c09c.jpg

with the lid on it still doesnt touch the back armor. a great use of space

14934197733_dd46562e3d.jpg

the amp allows for microphone talk AND aux for a mp3 player to play the radio chatter loop at the same time, as well as being rechargeable. the volume dial is extended out so i can adjust as i need in/outdoors. genius!

15587090071_f5a6b956d7.jpg

the total weight is about 6 pounds and if i were to break something its easily replaceable and i wont feel bad :)

Thatll do troop...., thatll do...... Move along.., move along.... :thumbsup:

Looks good to me Dizz. works in a pinch. I might have to see Dirty Boy for a new pack very soon. I have the filter pack.

If you want dibs on my old one let me know. Might need a little tlc but its all there. :yes:

Thatll do troop...., thatll do...... Move along.., move along.... :thumbsup:

Looks good to me Dizz. works in a pinch. I might have to see Dirty Boy for a new pack very soon. I have the filter pack.

If you want dibs on my old one let me know. Might need a little tlc but its all there. :yes:

Old one? If Dizzy doesn't want it.. I'd be interested :duim:

PM me!

Looking quiet good actually. That will do for sure for trooping.

And if you perfect the detailing (paint job) you will end up with a pack that even if not completely accurate, very good addition to your TD.

Reminds me a bit of my first pack...

post-1761-0-72452000-1414010036_thumb.jp

Good job!

Saludos.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...