Looking for some precut cover strips

syllander

As the title states,

I'm looking for some precut cover strips. Haven't had any issues cutting the armor, but keeping straight lines on the cover strips has been my nemesis.

Looking for 3/4" wide for the biceps and forearms, and some 7/8" wide for the legs.

Any help is appreciated!

Sean, you are just scrolling a small scratch and breaking at the line correct. If not, this will work great.

Use a rule, scribe with a razor knife, then break at line. Should give you straight crisp pieces.

If not, check with TM or some other makers. They should have them.

I'm not sure if anyone sells pre-cut cover strips as an on-going thing. I could be wrong. If you use an 18" metal ruler, they are not that hard to cut at all. Measure twice, then hold the ruler down tight and score along the edge with an x-acto blade. Use light pressure on the first score, then score again with a bit more pressure. Then, snap.. Boom! The metal ruler is the key to perfectly straight cover strips! :thumbsup:

Another vote for the metal ruler. I first make several marks down the line. Clamp or tape the ruler in place. Use the ruler to mark the line with a pencil. Remeasure and give it a good eye balling. Then reclamp on the line so the blade sits flush (thinner than the pencil lead). Light cut on first pass. A bit more pressure on second pass. Snap!

Slow and steady. Take your time and enjoy the journey!

Got the ruler, got some pieces cut out. Ready to glue the inner strips on the forearms, and I have enough cover strips cut for the outside of the biceps and forearms....thanks guys! Now the E6000....wife threw it away cause it was half empty. Crud...

@ Jancelot- the tape sounds like a great tip. That'll better secure the straight edge to the work rather than pressure alone.

The E6000 is great stuff if you lightly sand the mating surfaces, and clean. Gotta have some patience as the tack free time is not necessarily a good indicator of hold compared to full cure ( several hours anyway)

• 1 month later...