Getting close to finished. a few build questions

Herzing66

Hello all,

Nearing the end of the build and wanted to know which MP38 MP40 hip pouch was canon?

Leather or canvas? One or two for roadblock/"move along"/Captain

Should the exposed strapping on the shoulder bells be white or black? Seen both and referenced the captain image here showing white? Thinking it's white but again thought I would ask since I prefer the straps black..think it looks better.

What do you all use in the pouches while trooping?

Thanks for any and all help.

Here is my build so far...bad pics but best I got..Oh and I know the pauldron is on the right...he just threw it on for pics and I told him after the fact.

Need to finish crash man pack

weathering helmet

weathering belt and attach belt

attach mp38 mp40 ammo pouch/tool pouch on left shoulder

attach hip pouch or pouches if it is in fact two

wire ICOM and speaker into crashman pack and bucket

install fans

Thanks again,

Darin

post-5498-0-09789200-1400092715_thumb.jp

post-5498-0-06953300-1400092720_thumb.jp

Trooper1,

haha..thanks for the reminder and for making me a great pauldron..I know I told him but he snapped pic anyhow.

Quick question...anyone have a preference on leather sealer? I have green MP40 pouches dyed but haven't sealed em yet.

Thank you,

Darin

Nice work so far, Brother! But, yeah...put the pauldron on your other left. :thumbsup:

To answer a few of your questions...

1.) Canvas only for the shoulder pouch ('Move Along' 3 pouch with small compartment, etc), Leather for every other pouch, including the 3 pouch shoulder version seen on some TDs)

2.) The preference is Black for the elastic strips on the bells.

3.) Some people cut out narrow strips of wood, sanded and painted.

Hope that helps! :td:

Thanks for the help guys.

Moving along made good progress last night.

Any solution for the MP40 leather dye seal. Which product to you all believe works best?

I looked on the boards and cannot find a definitive or canon answer to attaching pouches to backpack and belt.

Did find this answer...seems like it would be a good solution to the belt pouches.

To mount the pouch to the waist belt, here is what I did. I removed the angled leather straps by cutting all the thread. I then straightened them out vertically, used a piece of leather under each end, about a 1" square or so, to raise them off the pouch, then put in a rivet at either end, of both straps. This makes just enough room to slide them on the belt and hold them snugly and was a pretty easy way to do it. Been that way for over two years now and still going strong.

I can post a pic if the description is unclear.

Thanks,

Darin

In the second pic (which is really small for me and my machine), it looks like your right bicep might be upside-down (?). Might just be that the pic isn't big enough to verify that, also the ammo strap for lower right thigh…looking good though :thumbsup: