Question about ab buttons

clonecollector

What is usually used for the ab buttons on the left side of a TD's ab plate? I've been looking at the builds here and I see that some appear to have three largish buttons... some three smaller TK sized buttons with the lower indentation showing.

Which is correct? Is there a special part I should look to get? Can I make it myself?

I did find this thread that helps a bit... http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=11799&view=&hl=&fromsearch=1

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the input guys!

I will post some pics with my idea before I commit to gluing on a homemade button plate.

Dime size buttons seem too small to me. I have the nickel sized buttons that I think look OK (and close to what I've seen others have). They are rounded and have rounded edges too.

Should the notch be showing or covered up by the ab button plate? That will make a difference in the spacing of the buttons.

There is a little strip of ABS with the buttons formed into the piece. Just like the AB buttons on a TK.

Cut it out, glue it on.

My kit only had the TK button plate. Not a three button TD version. :(

...I just saw your newest pics and that's what I want the buttons to look like! Lol!

I wonder if you could cut out three buttons on the TK plate, and use them for the side buttons? Seeing how you really don't need the TK plate. I guess they may be a bit different in size , shape and configuration.

Good luck. Also, there is TrooperBay.

I wonder if you could cut out three buttons on the TK plate, and use them for the side buttons? Seeing how you really don't need the TK plate. I guess they may be a bit different in size , shape and configuration.

Good luck. Also, there is TrooperBay.

Hadn't thought of trooperbay.

Yeah the TK buttons seem too small. They are about the size of a dime/ thumbtack head.

OK... let me know what you think.

The plate is just taped on. The buttons would be painted white.

I think they are OK. Not as big as I'd like by maybe if I take more material from the sides it might make the buttons look bigger.

I also tried to give the corners angles.

IMG_20140227_200532_115_zpss5sivgvk.jpg

Not too shabby. The buttons are a tad bit crooked, and the plate looks like it could be a tad bigger, but it looks pretty good for home made...

Yes, that bottom button. Lol!

I thought the first plate was too big so I sanded it down. I'll try making another.