ATA Helmet Check

Allerg3n

Hey guys,

I hit a brick wall with electronics for my DLT-19 build, so I've been casting about for something to do. Thought I'd try putting my bucket together over the weekend - here are the results:

Front

FO3SiKpl.jpg

Left Side

zupl7nXl.jpg

Right Side

AE8t21Rl.jpg

Rear

QNtMyywl.jpg

I think it came together fairly well, but any feedback would be appreciated. I messed up both sets of ears trying to get them flush - the fronts pulled together pretty well, but I still have some gaps in the back. :-/ How huge of an issue is that for deployment/SWAT? Here's a link to the full file: http://imgur.com/QNtMyyw

Is there an easy way to get replacement ears? I chewed through both of my sets and arrived at the version you see here.

Thanks again for your help - gotta gather my supplies to start painting.

Cheers!

Thanks guys! I'll take some closeups of ears/teeth when I get home.

Here's the full-size image for the front:

http://i.imgur.com/FO3SiKp.jpg

and for the rear (you can see the ear gaps a bit more clearly here):

http://i.imgur.com/QNtMyyw.jpg

Sorry for pic quality - my cell phone doesn't have a great camera.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Thanks again for your advice last month. I've been working on the bucket some more and finally got to a place where I'm pretty comfortable with it - almost finished I think!

Front:

zG43P6sl.jpg

Right 3/4:

oZtOXfrl.jpg

Right:

hFqtqsdl.jpg

Left 3/4:

zJZf5qyl.jpg

Left:

ITPFiCHl.jpg

Closeup of eyes:

73TDhH6l.jpg

Closeup of teeth (I tried filing just a bit more out of these as suggested previously):

BJryVoLl.jpg

Ultimately I think I'd like to apply for SWAT as the Cantina Captain (orange pauldron). I did some research on Look Sir Droids and tried to count up the number of blue stripes on his tubes - I got to 12 on the right cheek and at least 11 on the left. Does anyone know if the number of stripes has been determined yet for that trooper? If I'm off it's no big deal - I'll just redo the stripes if/when I decide to apply for SWAT.

The other thing I was wondering is which ear bump the black stripe should go on - from the high-res stills it looks like its not the front bump, but the one behind it.

Still have little things to correct with this helmet - I'm going to get white paint today for the screws and I need to touch up the blue stripes since they're still ragged, but all in all I think it's come together fairly well.

Thanks again for your help and feedback!