The Shark's Sandtrooper WIP thread!

Blacktip Shark

Hey guys!! Thanks for checking it out. In the past I've done a few other Star Wars suits... ESB Boba Fett and a Biker Scout. It is about time I visit you guys on Tatooine. :)

I wanted to give a special thanks to my good friend Joe Rose. He sent me his TK armor at the cost of shipping. This project would not be happening without him and I am very grateful for it! Thanks brother! Another huge thanks to Luis (Sandman Tigui). He has been a huge help and positive support with everything. He even sent me a TD knee piece with an awesome message written on the inside of it. Total act of kindness and a really good friend. I can't thank you enough brother. Everyone here at MEPD has been nothing but amazing to me. I've been on quite a few forums and this one really does feel like a family!

Ok, onto the progress!

So far, I've gotten the armor wearable. It was untrimmed, not really properly sized or even assembled. I pretty much reworked the armor over these past few weeks to fit me a bit better. I still have some adjustments to make but for the first pass... its pretty good! I've also done the sandtrooper changes (different ab piece, knee piece (thanks again Sandman!), rivets, helmet details, etc... you all know these changes haha!

I still need to paint up the boots as well. You'll see where I am at in the pictures! Going to be receiving my Dirty Boy backpack kit soon so I am pumped to start working on that! I'll be starting to weather the armor this weekend coming up. I am SO excited to do that!

I already know it is not going to be SWAT standard... I am aware ^_^ I gotta start somewhere. I think my first upgrade will be a new bucket for sure! But I am already happy where I am at so I hope to at least become an Officer soon :)

Still need another belt pouch as well but I'll get that in time. Looking to get an Icomm as well, already have the aker voice amp!

So at this point, its just some minor adjustments to the armor/strapping and weathering! Gotta get a few more parts then its time to regulate the cantinas of Tatooine! haha

I a considering scratch building a DLT-19... got some good templates and the means to do so... just not sure if I really want to yet. Might start with an E-11 first... who knows. haha :D

I am also helping my girlfriend work on her scratch built Jawa costume! We are making these costumes for Halloween this year (and any other reasons after of course).

Thanks for checking out my progress and I will try and post updates as much as possible! :D

Here are some pics of where I am at now!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks again for looking! :D

Thanks guys! STOKED for this haha. I believe the armor is AM. Don't quote me on that, I'll have to ask my buddy I got it from. I'm a big Fetthead so I am still learning the lingo of theTK/TD way haha! I think it is ArmorMaster tho.

Luis, what do you mean brother? :) If I missed something let me know!!! :D

A little update for you guys!!!

I got my amazing Dirty Boy backpack kit in this weekend... Firstly, thank you so much Rick for the kit! Honestly I don't know how you round up all these parts like you do for the price you offer your kits at. He was very helpful to me as well. Thanks Boss! That being said, I simply couldn't wait to build this thing. I didn't touch my armor all weekend. I instead, built the backpack! Got it painted and assembled! Just have to weather/age it a bit now! Getting closer!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have it so the radio face opens so I can put a speaker in there for TD chatter or what not. :D These things are a blast to build!

:woot: I am working on weathering some armor now. Trying some techniques out. I'm using just burnt umber for now. I'm doing a combination of that sponging and then rubbing/twisting the paint away (seems great for getting thick heavy weathering in cracks and large spots like on the chest for example) and watered down burnt umber brushed/sponged on for that mottled/ sandyish look. I am going for that pretty weathered look but nothing too extreme. I'll take some progress pics soon and get your guys' opinions.

Does your armor look a lot more weathered in real life than it does in pics? I know thats how it was with my Fett and Biker. In pictures i really like how weathered my armor is but it is defniitely "darker" in real life.

I am going to check that out now. I was looking at it in my hands going "not sure if I like this...." then saw a picture of it and thought "i love this" haha... I will keep doing it the way im doing it. I will pull back some of that "grime" but I like how its coming along so far. I'll have a picture soon hopefully.

Like it bro!!! Maybe the environment yellow light makes the weathering more dramatic than what it is. I have a keen graphic eye to seeing beyond the obvious LOL. When having all weathered try a neutral, no flashlight set of pics. Just my 5 cents of opinion bro, keep the great work up Branden!!!!

;)

Thanks brother! I took pics with the GoPro and my laptop camera (good quality and meh quality) in both good and bad lighting. The overall effect is very similar. I noticed the low quality light shows weathering a bit more. I like the amount I achieved :D I hope I can keep the same level throughout the suit! Thanks for checking up as always. You've been a huge help to me :D

• 2 weeks later...

So I slaved hard for the past few weekends to finish this suit up!!! It was a lot of fun to build. I got a lot of help and advice from you guys and I am very grateful! This armor is a lot of fun to wear! I just have to make a few tweaks here and there but overall... its done! I'd like to snag the other two pauldrons and some rifles so I can mix it up a bit. :D That would be fun! Anyway, check out the photos and there is a video as well! If you have any questions, comments, advice, etc... post em up! I'd like to hear what you have to say or help in any way I can! Ok, onward to the pics/video!

PICTURES

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

VIDEO