ATA Helmet for TD

clonecollector

Hi all!

I signed up here about a year ago but have finally begun collecting parts for a TD. I'm not sure what specific trooper I want to do yet. Anyway, I just received my helmet from ATA!

I'm looking for opinions on how it looks. I wish the ears were a little closer in fit... but I have a second set if these are not good.

I plan on hand painting the the traps next.

Thanks for your input!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks great man! What other parts do you have?

Thanks!

Right now just the helmet. Lol!

I'm on ATA's list for armor and I have the $ earmarked for that already. I've already contacted you about a backpack kit on the main forums so that will be the next big purchase.

I was going to order some canvas belt and strapping from trooperbay... maybe a pauldron too if it would be SWAT acceptable (although I'm not sure I want to go that route)

I'm in Home Depot every other weekend so picking up supplies to make a BFG is easy... once I decided which one to make. Lol!

In my case from the start I wanted to customize a TD of my own. So I went the way of my own LOL

Last year I was thinking of the black pauldroned trooper with the three leather MP40 pouches and RT97 gun. I'm up in the air about it now.

My garrison mate has an awesome TD so I want to make something that would compliment his if we trooped together.

You'll so much enjoy the building path that I bet you'll do a TD as great as your Garrison buddy.

There's such a level of excellence and self commitment going around the MEPD that one build is a great as the other. That just makes us a Detachment that excels in everything that we put heart and mind into ;)

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

I've been looking at building a base costume that could have parts swapped out to make it an acceptable SWAT level costume too... maybe one of the captains that carry a Lewis gun? Decisions, decisions. lol!

Great lid Paul! Good luck with the TD build. Let me know if you need anything

Hey John!

I'm a year late... but I'm finally here. Lol!... and I'm still not done with the animated ARC Trooper I began earlier in the year. Lol! (Just have to finish the chest and kama!)

• 2 weeks later...

Question...

I think I need to paint my helmet to cover up some marks and scratches I made during assembly.

What paint is recommended? I'm on ATA's list for armor so I'd like to match that ABS as close as possible (or will it even matter since I will be weathering the armor anyway)

Thanks for the help!

• 3 weeks later...

How bad are the marks and scratches? If you're planning on weathering the armor, they could add flavor to the weathering, depending on where they are (and if you like them). As far as painting goes, I've heard you should be OK with pretty much any spray paint. Depending on whether the scratches need to be filled, you may want to prime and paint as well.

I just got my helmet from ATA as well, and I'm on the wait list for armor myself. :-) I've got my bucket still disassembled under my desk though...trying to finish a DLT-19 first so I can focus all my energy on the helmet.