How & where to start?

Hi guys,

Complete noob here looking to get started with a full set of armour, so I can sign up & get trooping soonest! I've managed to save up quite a bit of "pocket money", so am prepared to go all out and get everything I need in one or two hits.

All advice much appreciated,on ow & where to shop or get started.

Cheers

There are a few armor makers out there that can provide a great set of gear. Best thing to do is to establish how much you want to spend, how accurate you want the armor to be and how long your willing to wait for it to come in.

Accessories that you order should be determined by the trooper you are looking to ultimately replicate....this way if you elect to do a specific trooper you aren't wasting money on gear you won't end up using. In most cases it starts with the blaster you want to use...then comes the pauldron pack and so on.

We do have a where to find stuff thread on here. Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask

Thanks for the quick response guys, much appreciated.

Without sounding cocky, cost isn't an option but ease of preparation/use is; I live in Dubai and what most of the world would consider as general hardware & supplies is considered extremely exotic (ie. Non-existent and/or expensive!) here.

As such I wanted to go for a fully assembled, out-of-the box solution but obviously wanted to do the weathering & finishing touches myself. As such, I found the following on eBay;

http://wap.ebay.co.uk/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?aid=350222393839&emvAD=570x297&sv=350222393839

It's a full kit, assembled, with suit, seal boots etc. And an e11 thrown in. Has anyone bought from these guys before? Would this pass muster if I went ahead and bought it!

Again, many thanks for any advice.

The only advice that I could give, because Rick already helped you guys out perfectly as did Luis, is read...read...read.

Go through all the topics, get to know the names of every single part of the armor and then decide.

Good luck on your journey to the dirty side my brothers!

:salute:

It seems so Dutchy - order placed & should be waiting for me at my bro's when I fly back to the UK next month! :)

Andrea @ RS has been a great help, and they're basically putting everything I need together so I'll be ready to go straight out of the box. Just need to do the weathering when I get back here, which I'm really looking forward to.

I have a question about pauldrons, but I'll pop that on the relevant board. Thanks to everyone for their help here, and really hoping the next month flies by!