Running for Autism Speaks, need your help!

TD30303

Hello my brothers-

I'm a fairly big guy, 5'11", 225lbs, and I have lost 75lbs over the past 3 years. I did it through a lot of things, including running. Running has helped me in many ways over the past 3 years and I was able to finish 3 half marathons and a marathon in the past 18 months. An accomplishment I never thought possible.

Last year, i ran a race at Disney World called the Goofy Challenge, which is a 1/2 Marathon followed by a full the next day. I did it, and did it for an amazing charity, Autism Speaks, and not to mention I was able to beat former N'Sync member Joey Fatone, which lets face it was my real goal. Last year I was the top fundraiser for Autism Speaks, and they invited me back to run again, however this year, it's a little different. This year, i'm running a 5k, 10k, 1/2 then a full. It's called the Dopey Challenge. I'm nuts to do this, but I love running, I love Disney and I love helping Autism Speaks.

I'm planning on running some part of the weekend in a version of my armor. I know Disney has rules about what can and can not be worn, so i need to figure everything out, and running 26.2 in full armor and Pack isn't something I can see myself doing, especially considering how hot last years race was...however i'm in the design phase of my trooper costume, including modifying a very light weight pack as a Camelbak, and getting a white Pauldron with the Autism Speaks logo on it, similar to the patch i've currently designed and will be selling shortly.

Please click the link below, and if you can help in any way/shape or form, i'd greatly appreciate and when i get these patches made, i'll be sure one heads your way for your support.

Thanks everyone, i appreciate the support and help!

Joe

http://events.autism...athon/joetokarz

Thank you buddy! I'll be contacting you soon to see what we can come up with for a pauldron! Even if it's less than perfect since i'll be wearing it for every race no matter what.

Thank you buddy! I'll be contacting you soon to see what we can come up with for a pauldron! Even if it's less than perfect since i'll be wearing it for every race no matter what.

I can do that! Just need the patch or whatever you want on it.

Felix, thank you SO much for your generous donation and support! I'm flattered, and I have received my first donation from Europe thanks to you!

If you have a chance, please join me in my Facebook group, would love to thank you to all of my followers!

https://www.facebook.com/TokarzisDopey

Awesome.....let me think on this a little....maybe we can come up with something cool to do:)

Thanks man! Anything helps. Right now, i'm currently trying to figure out a helmet design because they will not let me run any race in a full helmet due to liability issues. So right now, i'm figuring that out. Have some fun ideas so far, but gonna figure out which looks best without as much makeup as possible. The mouth and nose i'm considering covering with a balaclava and then paint details on that, and do eyes with a pair of athletic sunglasses modified to look like my troopers eyes.

It's all fun planning stages now, once i am able to raise my required 2 grand i'm gonna start focusing more on costume!