Found a tupperware lid "radar dish"

IanL

My mother had one in her basement. She doesn't throw anything away

Which way is it supposed to be mounted on the backpack? Button in or out?

Ian,

This is what I did. I just didn't center it very well.(****) But with it painted white it looks good. I think others have done similar.

Posted Image

TE is right this is a vac seal tupperware lid. It comes apart so you can run your screw to the base and then just snap your cover back on. That way you see no screw but can get to it any time you need it. Also don't paint it white! It comes clear, paint the base black this will give the clear top a milky grey color. This is the screen accurate way to do it. Look at all the photos from a new hope. If you compare the white of the end caps to the dish it is clearly not white. Also the base is painted black in the film as well.

Posted Image

TE is right this is a vac seal tupperware lid. It comes apart so you can run your screw to the base and then just snap your cover back on. That way you see no screw but can get to it any time you need it. Also don't paint it white! It comes clear, paint the base black this will give the clear top a milky grey color. This is the screen accurate way to do it. Look at all the photos from a new hope. If you compare the white of the end caps to the dish it is clearly not white. Also the base is painted black in the film as well. Posted Image

oops...............I suck then.

You don't suck. Lol. You are making your on stuff and that's very cool.

That's the great thing about the forum, we can all share ideas. Just look at the parts on Mike's pack there fantastic. I am building a screen accurate

pack right now and I am getting most of my ideas from other guys here.