Craig's new RS Sandie - comments please :-)

Cantina Craig

Hey troopers.

I just received delivery of my RS Props Sandtrooper kit couple of days ago (my first ever armour of any kind), and last night my local TD buddy Neil Hodge came over to help me suit up and take some photos. I've just submitted these photos to the UK Garrison site also as pre clearance for thoughts and comments. I am aiming to for Police Officer status over on here, so would appreciate further comments on what I need to do to get to that level please :-)

I got very lucky with the backpack. It was originally made for RS Props Anthony Forrest Essen build project, but they gave that one to me and had to build him another. Smiling inside about that ;-)

The photos show the armour on me straight out of the box, to the measurements I gave RS via email to build too. Feels great to wear and I can't stop looking at it. I'm fairly tall at 6'3", so asked for extra long shin armour.

Thoughts please fellow dirty boys!! :-)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Neil and I were debating the single, angled side pouch on the belt. Haven't seen another one like this? I've only seen them with one per side. Wondered if it could effect clearance or police officer level on here? :-)

Seriously though I love that bucket mate and most of it fitted well apart from the bits we discussed last night. Seeing your new gear makes me want to update mine, **** you lol. Couple of little tweaks mate and we'll be trooping the southcoast soon mate.

looks proper top notch craig!! :yes:

cant beat the RS bro,i looove mine!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 things i would suggest to do,

1.your biceps could do with being higher,at least 1 1/2 inch.

2.also your thighs could do with coming up aswell towards your crotch,around another inch.

im sure neil has already picked up on this,just thought i'd mentoin it.

for saying its straight out the box,its a really great fix buddy!

good luck with your clearence and looking forward to trooping our RS sandys together soon! :thumbsup:

Thanks Marcus. Yes, we noticed the arms were a little loose, had some small movement when they were moved around. Got some thin foam on order and was going to attach to inside of them for a bit of padding? RS forgot to pack the black 'suspender' belt that holds the legs up, so I was using a standard belt for these photos as makeshift. Hoping that will hold them up a bit tighter. Cheers for the comments bro, bring on the troops, hopefully soon :-)

It may be worth attaching the biceps to the shoulders with some elastic and snaps if the foam dont work to well Craig.

The body suit was a bit tight so when you get the new one you should be able to get those thighs up a little but would'nt wont them to much higher as you'll increase the knee gaps and we need to try to get the shins a bit lower over the boots too so that knee gap is just something to watch, **** you being a freak at 6'4ft tall :woot: almost there though mate.

Just need to close up that crotch gap too mate.

Yes, just thinking about the knee gap kneel myself, especially as like you say, I need to get shins fixed down a bit more to boots. **** my freakish stature, ha ha!! The elastic webbing, Velcro and rivets should come today so i'll have a play with the bicep - shoulder joint and shin to boot top. I have a pair of those lexicon scissors so i will trip the top of right thigh too and file edges smooth. :-)

And also, anyone else have the definite answer to which arm side the 'thumb printed ' armour goes. I am wearing it on my right here but Ruggero is pretty sure it should go on left?

Cheers troopers

Craig

Thanks Justus, ain't that the truth!! Love it :-)

And thank you for confirming the bicep imprint on the left Felix. They may even sit better now without any extra fixings or padding. I will test later

Cheers fellas :-)

Craig

This is the belt pouch Neil and I were questioning. I've contacted RS but no reply yet. It looks the same as the backpack pouch minus the tool pouch, which I haven't seen in any reference photos. The normal MP38/40 side pouches are smoother looking and have a different design. In my head I need 2 of the 'normal' MP38/40 side pouches. This sits at a funny 45 deg angle too. Is it clearable for Police officer? Cheers

Posted Image

The biceps are on the wrong arms... Not that it matters really but traditionally and in screen shots the thumbprint is on the left arm.

I *think* your forearms may be on the wrong arms as well.

See this post from TM on another build thread that asked for help on how to assemble the arms.

Posted Image

You have everything is the correct position except for the outer forearm pieces need swapping over.

(would be right arm then left arm as if you were looking at the armor from the front)

I also would suggest using I bicep hook to secure the bicep to the elastic on the bell, to bring up the biceps.

Posted Image

This is from the lucas film archives showing a real suit, see the little hook on the top there (and the elastic from forearm to bicep as well)? I use these on my RS and on my TM suits.

Posted Image

The rig looks great, just pointing out a few things that would make it that much better!

That's great info, appreciate everything people throw at me so all good buddy. The biceps and forearms came joined together, so that is why they are on the wrong arms - due to me having the thumbprint on the wrong right up instead of correct left. I like the bicep hook idea. That is my next job. Many thanks :-)

:thumbsup:

Thought that might be the issue with the biceps and forearms.

Hey we have shots of the movie where they did the same thing, so its all good! (since the movie had biceps and forearms attached some TKs even have 2 left arms or two right arms...)

:td: