sniper plate ?

skirge66

Ok guys, I know this topic was out there (I have been looking all over for the post with pictures). Someone had made a "riser plate" for their sniper plate, that could be glued / rivited / or bolted to the shin. It was a great looking piece, I saw the post when I was getting ready to leave work for the day and didn't mark it.

Now I have been looking all over the place...and can't find the post anywhere ( apparently I fail in the art of search fu). Thought it would be a good design to play with the idea of attaching the plate with a pair of snaps so that it will pop off rather than break.

On a side note when the plate is mounted to the shin should it be tilted towards the lower shin? or towards the thigh? or should it be more or less mounted perpendicular to the ground with no tilt to it?

ok Scott. the sniper knee on my AM armour, when mounted, leans out towards the shin away from the thigh.

the AM shin armour I find after glueing had a natural curve "bow" to it but slightly. this I found out was good for two reasons:

1. it allows the shin armour/sniper knee to close on top of the bottom of the thigh in a natural walking motion.

2. this natural hinge "I find" keeps from skin pinch from happening. if you never have that happen while trooping then you have been blessed because it hurts like ****!!!! mounting of the snipper kneealso here is the post you were looking for I believe about the knee.

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=6775&hl=

near the bottom of the first page!!!!

Stay Frosty