Attach the Canvas Belt

lx.clone

Hello guys,

I need a tip to solve my problem!!

What's the best way to attach the canvas belt to the plastic part of the belt?? Velcro? Glue?

If you have pictures, please post them, in order to be more easy to understand the method!!

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hugo Pablo

You should use single cap rivets to attach the plastic to the canvas belt. Use snaps for attaching the canvas belt to your ab plate like the original armour.

Interesting... I used the snaps where troopermaster uses rivets. Only reason is, that when I replace belt for any reason, I can just snap it off and on to a new belt.

Just saying how the original armour was assembled. It's up to you how you choose how to assemble it depending on your needs, but the original way is the best in my opinion ;)

:yes:

Just saying how the original armour was assembled. It's up to you how you choose how to assemble it depending on your needs, but the original way is the best in my opinion ;)

I agree, except one question and then point.

The original assembly method is best being that's the way the original suits were assembled in 76'. Check

The original suits however were worn for how long in 76'? How many repairs were constantly being made to keep the suits together?

Now to my point. I used a method different than original, because I wear my suit WAY more than the original suits were worn, and I can't afford or take a chance of constantly having to make repairs in front of children, or at events during trooping duties. Yes, the original assembly method is best as stated, if I was going to put my costume on a mannequin, or wear it for a short photo or video shoot. Too wear a costume for many hours, and many years, I just feel that sometimes we have to build differently because of use. My opinion! Only on wearing methods! Lol not assembly.

Sort of like a race car tour car, and race car, track car. Same car on the outside, but MUCH different on the inside.

Sorry to partially derail the topic if I did. Just a question and point for the up and coming costumers, to understand what they are using their suits for, and understanding of wearing methods. Why we are such a diverse group, with so many GREAT ideas. All methods are great, but some will get better fuel mileage than others! Lol

Oh, this has nothing to do with troopermasters comment, because he is a wealth of knowledge that I enjoy picking his brain. He is the Master! When it comes to this stuff! There is just different ideas for modern day wearing methods, and i hope that new troopers consider every idea. Ooohrah! Just my opinion brothers, and felt like writing this morning! Lol

I agree, except one question and then point.

The original assembly method is best being that's the way the original suits were assembled in 76'. Check

The original suits however were worn for how long in 76'? How many repairs were constantly being made to keep the suits together?

Now to my point. I used a method different than original, because I wear my suit WAY more than the original suits were worn, and I can't afford or take a chance of constantly having to make repairs in front of children, or at events during trooping duties. Yes, the original assembly method is best as stated, if I was going to put my costume on a mannequin, or wear it for a short photo or video shoot. Too wear a costume for many hours, and many years, I just feel that sometimes we have to build differently because of use. My opinion! Only on wearing methods! Lol not assembly.

Sort of like a race car tour car, and race car, track car. Same car on the outside, but MUCH different on the inside.

Sorry to partially derail the topic if I did. Just a question and point for the up and coming costumers, to understand what they are using their suits for, and understanding of wearing methods. Why we are such a diverse group, with so many GREAT ideas. All methods are great, but some will get better fuel mileage than others! Lol

Oh, this has nothing to do with troopermasters comment, because he is a wealth of knowledge that I enjoy picking his brain. He is the Master! When it comes to this stuff! There is just different ideas for modern day wearing methods, and i hope that new troopers consider every idea. Ooohrah! Just my opinion brothers, and felt like writing this morning! Lol

Very true Jay....

bottom line is.....decide weather you want to go OG or New G.....lol

I agree with you, Jay. Everyone likes to do things differently but ultimately the end result is you have armour that is wearable. I also realise the original strapping is not for everyone and most armours are not suitable to have it because they are either made from thick, rigid plastic or cheap, brittle plastic. The original strapping is a perfect system if you have the right armour.

Going back to the original question about the belt, riveting the plastic section to your canvas belt secures it permanently so you do not have to worry about velcro or snaps popping off during a troop. Seems like the best option to me.

i agree with both jay and TM! :yes:

i actually have mine set up original strapping style,with cap rivits on my belt,

funnily enough it was the only part of my strapping that i had one problem with.

one of the rivets pulled through my belt,i didnt change it though and since replacing works great,

fingers crossed!

ive always agreed that the original way works perfect and looks awsome,but whatever you feel comfy with

and definitely what you feel will work without any awkward embarrassing moments!! :woot::thumbsup:

i forget now mate,it was a while back.

probably did the whole a little to big,what id did was coat the rivit in glue when

i replaced it,like i said no probs since!

just out of interest do the rivits that you sell for the belt,knee belt etc.actually push inside each

other and push shut?

i found with mine i had to glue them inside each other to keep them safely closed! :thumbsup:

ps,just tried to pm you about a set of accurate strapping and a ready made thermal

det. but your inbox is full!