I control the crowd..they don’t control me

dutchy

Hey my brothers,

I was wondering how do you guys handle people that are being obnoxious when you are trooping.

The reason is that last weekend I had a troop where one other trooper got a smack on his helmet of a teenager that passed by on his bike.

I myself found myself face to face with some wannabee karatekid after he made some pistol gestures against the helmet of the same trooper.

I told this boy, because he was 16 years old, 17 maximum that I would kick his lame a$$ down the street if he didn’t behave properly.

He backed up did a roundhousekick or something like that to impress me..but he didn’t and he “moved along”…

Anyway, to get one thing clear.

I won’t allow people like these to ruin events and even that it is not common to take our helmets off during troops, I wouldn’t have had any problems with doing that last weekend.

I’m a Sandie, and I control the crowd..they don’t control me.

Posted Image

Ya, it sucks when the teenagers want to try and act up in front of their friends. We usually have something in place with the event host to basically say that they are responsible to either intervene or alert authorities that there is an issue. In most situations its nothing a wrangler cant handle lol....especially in this day and age when video cameras are in everyones pocket to document the situation. troop on my friend and continue to do what you do :)

Ya, it sucks when the teenagers want to try and act up in front of their friends. We usually have something in place with the event host to basically say that they are responsible to either intervene or alert authorities that there is an issue. In most situations its nothing a wrangler cant handle lol....especially in this day and age when video cameras are in everyones pocket to document the situation. troop on my friend and continue to do what you do :)

I forgot to mention that I got him acquainted with the business end of my T21 by sticking it up his nose after the hand gesture accident ;)

Things like these happen sadly but it won't take the fun out of trooping for me and usually we have wranglers too to keep an eye out..but not this time..

That's bad mate. Personally I've never had any trouble of that nature here. I've had a few unwelcome comments but I suppose I'm used to that as I'm a Police officer in 'real life' and can give as good as I get (keeping it strictly verbal of course ;) )

In the UK garrison we have a strict rule not to remove helmets when in the public eye. This has always been our rule and its one we proudly stick to - therefore if things did get a bit messy, we'd leave it to our spotters to sort...

Props to you for handling it so well. I've only done the one Troop so far and folk have been nothing but fantastic (although the "why are you so dirty?" gets a bit tedious after 100 times) and I hope it continues.

That's bad mate. Personally I've never had any trouble of that nature here. I've had a few unwelcome comments but I suppose I'm used to that as I'm a Police officer in 'real life' and can give as good as I get (keeping it strictly verbal of course ;) )

In the UK garrison we have a strict rule not to remove helmets when in the public eye. This has always been our rule and its one we proudly stick to - therefore if things did get a bit messy, we'd leave it to our spotters to sort...

We get "unwelcome" comments here as well but we don't pay much attention to that. But when they get physical it's a different ballgame and then my helmet really comes off. I'd rather get a nice shiner then a busted up bucket.. The rule is the same over here too, helmets on at troops.. :yes:

Props to you for handling it so well. I've only done the one Troop so far and folk have been nothing but fantastic (although the "why are you so dirty?" gets a bit tedious after 100 times) and I hope it continues.

Thanks Eric :)

You'll get used to the "hey why are you so dirty" questions and remarks..which one also passes by a zillion times is "isn't it warm wearing a costume like that?" .. :P