MG-34 / DLT-19 Almost Finished - Pics!

Well, I am almost done with my MG-34. It is an authentic dummy gun from I.M.A. and I absolutely love it. It has the correct bakelite stock and bipod and I have attached the fins with wire wraps as seen on the screen used piece. They are also spaced properly and slightly misaligned as they should be. I also have the custom "feeder cover" in place as well as the custom machined grip disc. I still would like to make a better feeder cover and I need to buy another charging handle and somehow cut the current one out as the dummy gun was assembled with the chargin handle in the rear position while the screen used guns had them int he forward position. Still, I think it looks pretty darn good. I'd never carry this for trooping but man, I just LOVE the look of a real gun. It simply can't be beat.

Posted Image

You can get to the fullsized pic here:

http://thedentedhelmet.com/misc/RPF_Images/MG-34.jpg

Here is one of the screen-used MG-34s for comparison:

Posted Image

WHOA!! Thanks BraksBuddy!!

The images are simply AWESOME... Like the DL, this will give me the "kick-in-the-a**" that I need to polish up my own Sci-fire MG-34/DLT-19!

Thanks again bro! Always a treat when you contribute your SW knowledge and expertise!

ePS: I had a chance to purchase a I.M.A. MG-34 here at last year's Honolulu Gun Show. The sucker weighed in at 26 pounds! And they were only asking $2400.00 for it! What a deal!

• 1 month later...

Well, I am almost done with my MG-34. It is an authentic dummy gun from I.M.A. and I absolutely love it. It has the correct bakelite stock and bipod and I have attached the fins with wire wraps as seen on the screen used piece. They are also spaced properly and slightly misaligned as they should be. I also have the custom "feeder cover" in place as well as the custom machined grip disc. I still would like to make a better feeder cover and I need to buy another charging handle and somehow cut the current one out as the dummy gun was assembled with the chargin handle in the rear position while the screen used guns had them int he forward position. Still, I think it looks pretty darn good. I'd never carry this for trooping but man, I just LOVE the look of a real gun. It simply can't be beat.

Posted Image

Lucky you . Iam all so working on getting a real mg 34 from ww2, throw a shop in denmark/ copenhagen (they are in norway/non fire weapon). Nice fotos trooper

You can get to the fullsized pic here:

http://thedentedhelmet.com/misc/RPF_Images/MG-34.jpg

Here is one of the screen-used MG-34s for comparison:

Posted Image