heres a idea for a helmet liner

weiBes trooper

this is something new to me that i recently installed in my AP helmet.i didnt like the little foam pads that came with my kit,it left the helmet loose on my head,so after looking around the house i found my sons scooter helmet.i got looking at the inside liner and thought this would work,so i carefully removed the liner.hot glued the scull padding inside the helmet.the ear pads are held in using one of the screws from the ear cap on the helmet,then a little hot glue under the edges to keep it from moving.Now it really feels like a helmet,snug and comfertable to wear,when you move youre head it moves with you.the scooter helmet is a cheap open face HJC.you could probably find it at Wal-mart,any of my future helmets will be done the same way.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Now all it needs is a good dirt job. Posted Image

• 4 weeks later...

well, time to reveal this. This is what the interior of an ROTJ helmet looks like...

Posted Image

enjoy! Make sure to use a vintage hard had to have the stupid adjustment knob absent for fitting movie sized helmets better.

The tabs are expoxied to the inside of the helmet and then nylon cord and a simple nylon webbing added to create a suspension net. Cannot get more cheap or simple than that!

Matt/STE

I did this on my FX helmet with a motorcycle helmet liner. It looks very cool and I agree you can not get a better or more comfortable fit then this. The hard hat liners are such a pain. I will be going this way with my AP as well.

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...