*ACTIVATED* TD-6538 / HAVOC / SWAT OFFICER # 021

Havoc6538

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I'm still thinking about it, but on the reference pics, look how far behind the brow trim the ear screws are compared to my lid. That said, my ears look to be almost the right distance from the teardrops, so I'm torn whether to do it or not.

Nice looking armor my friend!

And you're right to let the ears unpainted...but...i think that on the left side (right side front view) of the thrown there are just 3 cut teeth. The bucket is the same as the cantina sergeant has worn.

sorry that i can't help you out with reference pics...i'm on the job an my pc has just the minimum requirements to do my business;-)

No worries Felix. I'm glad it's 4, saved me some work there. :thumbsup:

Ok, quick update:

The crotch snap unpainted (I'd painted it white before)

Posted Image

The pack dirtied up a little more:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the ears shifted back (as far as I could comfortably go) and the brow lowered. TBH, I don't think I've gained a whole lot from moving the ears, but at least I know I got it as right as I could. Just need to redo the dirt I had to remove (as there was a "negative" of where the ear had been).

Posted Image

Next job will be the ab rivet, as soon as I've decided what I'm going to use for it.

Some interesting points here. I've already made one change based on a PM I received, the rivet on the cod is now metal again. In the pics above I've painted it white.

With regards to the armour, yes, the legs are TM, the rest is FX, apart from the VT helmet. The overlap of the FX armour parts is something I can do nothing about, short of completely replacing them. If I cut away the overlap section, then I'll also be losing the part underneath that it's glued to (and it's glued too well to prise apart) - I'd be losing too much width for it to still fit me. There is at least one SWAT officer cleared in the last year with the same style of construction on the arm parts, so I'm hoping this won't be a problem.

One question: I know the "Move Along" trooper has a rivet on the rectangle of the ab plate. Is that specific to that particular trooper, or do other sandtroopers have this too? There are no pics of this part of Docking Bay94 Sgt V1's armour, so I'm unsure.

I'm also looking into the right ear possibly being white, and would welcome any info or pointers on this.

Hi Simon.

Not sure FX armor parts will do for SWAT status, could you maybe buy the rest of the TM parts for the body armor.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Not sure FX armor parts will do for SWAT status

While I understand SWAT is all about accuracy, if it's right that FX armour will not be considered, it needs to be posted somewhere and made clear. All that's mentioned in the CRL is the helmet, as Ruggero said. I've spent a considerable amount of time researching and weathering the armour to get it up to SWAT standard. Time I might not have wasted had I known there was no chance of deployment before I even started.

could you maybe buy the rest of the TM parts for the body armor.

Unfortunately, there's no chance of that happening without some major, sudden and unexpected change to my financial circumstances. If I could afford a full set of TM, I would have bought it in the first place.

So I guess this project is on hold indefinitely, unless the command staff say otherwise.

Watchin you work tells me you can mod anything needed with little or no cost bro you got da skills

I got deployed with a rubies bro ;) just a bit more hard work and determination which in my honest opinion you will not have a problem with

Stick to it brother

And just being a sandtrooper police officer is an achievement bud and an honor everyone here will help with anything you need

So relax kick back and before you know it SWAT ;) fx is better than rubies haha

"U can do it"

Thanks for the kudos Vince. You've given me the spark I needed.

Ok. Let's do this...

Other than putting a return edge on the chest armour, and making the arms have cover strips instead of overlaps, what else do I need to do to get this to SWAT level?

While I understand SWAT is all about accuracy, if it's right that FX armour will not be considered, it needs to be posted somewhere and made clear. All that's mentioned in the CRL is the helmet, as Ruggero said. I've spent a considerable amount of time researching and weathering the armour to get it up to SWAT standard. Time I might not have wasted had I known there was no chance of deployment before I even started.

Unfortunately, there's no chance of that happening without some major, sudden and unexpected change to my financial circumstances. If I could afford a full set of TM, I would have bought it in the first place.

So I guess this project is on hold indefinitely, unless the command staff say otherwise.

Hi Simon :)

My post was just an suggestion trying to help you get your armor more ANH accurate for going down the top ANH screen accurate elite swat Sandtrooper road, and if you have the chance to upgrade a few of your FX body armor parts to TM parts, so your armor was a full ANH TM body armor.

Keep up the good work bro :thumbsup:

No worries Rolf, but when all is said and done, I'd still be buying a full TM suit, albeit bit by bit, and I still can't afford that. I'll do my best to mod what I have. I like a challenge.

Copy that, keep up the good work, you are doing great :thumbsup:

I think you are the first one doing the not painted ear caps dok 94 sergeant, thats cool :thumbsup: