Armor Done

Robbie

Hey bro! Looking pretty good!

Few things I saw off the bat from my phone were the tube on the pack looks like its sitting a little high. Also the thigh ammo pack could be tightened up so it doesn't hang down so much. Add shims to sides with accurate rivits and snap. The back of the thigh armor seems like they could be reworked to appear to have accurate cover strips?

I'm sure others will have some other suggestions, but you are off to a good start!

looking good robbie,

really nice pics in the sand bro!!

the one thing i think would make all the difference is if you could bring your

thighs up a little higher,giving you a space between your thighs and shins but making

a smaller gap between your thighs and abplate! :thumbsup:

looking great buddy! if it helps you in any way Robbie,,i have noticed a couple of tweaks here and there that may be useful to you,to help your kit look even cooler ! , as i am a big guy, with short legs,, i used to have issues with things sitting right,and staying put on my sandie a few years back - especially the shin armour riding up,trapping my sniper plate under the thigh armour , and , also the chest riding up and causing the top of the ab to pop out over the chest ! :6: i applied some thought to this problem and came up with a solution,and some easy mods that prevented these things happening to me again :peace: if you need me to,, i can help you with a few simple mods that will do the job for you bro ! all the info you need on mods for MEPD deployment are here on the forum :thumbsup: good luck with approval,and enjoy your trooping as a 501st sandie !,

Thanks everyone for the feedback!!

@ T-Bone those pics was at White Sands New Mexico It is only like a couple hour drive from where I am at :thumbsup:. It was also where the first Nuke was dropped way back in the day.

Thanks Dirty your pack is awesome I love it.

Any help is welcome here. the reasoning for the back of the thighs to look the way they are is that I have massive thighs lol. I worked on it with Noel (Bluey) and Tye and that was the solution we came up with. If anyone knows of a better way for a bigger guy to fit in this type of armor I am all ears lol.

@ Robbie - For the backs of your thighs, weather the heck out of it and have it so that the edges on the sides of the shims are hardly noticeable (blend) and then attach the accurate sized finishing strips down the middle to give the illusion of point of connection (weather those too, but not too much).

See if that works for you.

Sometimes you just got to trick the eye. Hope that works for you! :td::thumbsup:

you should be fine with the thighs bud ..... i know exactly where youre comming from here ! we have to get the armour fitting us as best as we can ,i worked a pair of smallys buddies thighs a while ago because our previous GML at the time wasnt happy with how they looked (he had wide,wedge shaped shims at the rear) i told him that this guy had very muscular thighs and that this was the only way brad could get them to fit him ! - and also, i think its not so critical at the back personally ,and if we can take into account the troopers individual build too,.... as long as the front shims look right..... anyway,smally's buddy got new thighs,and i built them for him,and i think they still needed to go wider to be really comfy - i was told no wider than 2 and 1/2 " by the previous GML at the time ! ......but .i think a practical eye over stuff like this for the larger trooper,should be considered ! Robbie.....,us MEPD guys will have you rockin' in no time dude ! ....keep up the good work bro ! :thumbsup::td:

oh,and i agree with what mike said too....add a centre shim,and blend the shim weathering into the thigh armour ,that should do the trick !