Ack! CRL does not allow for move along tube stripes!

rhapsodyred99

The current crl says netween 9 and 15the stripes but the move along has 16 on his left side.

My gml wont clear the lid I have. But for swat you need to jave the correct number...

Think i should just wipe one off then paint it back for swat? Not faulting my gml but maybe the crl should be tweaked?

Yes, some stuff needed for SWAT are not the same that the basic 501st CRL require for clearance.

That is why the SWAT program is just a badge and not really a status or membership clearance.

Same goes for the amount of teeth on some versions of the bucket... and a few other issues.

So yes, since for SWAt you need to be 501st first, and if your GML wont allow it, you will have yo remove it and eventually paint it back for SWAT.

Same thing goes for some of the packless SWAT versions vs Police Officer.

Sorry for that bro, but that is the way it works. Member first, get the badge later.

Hope it helps.

Saludos.

yeah frank,

quite frustrating that,but im sure you know that what we do here is

something extra special,im afraid most of the average clearance folk dont use

this forum!

at the end of the day you just need to say "alright then" and correct to how it SHOULD be later lol! :thumbsup:

No worries its not that hard to take it off and redo it later. He has to follow the CRL thats what its for.

i have no problem with that just thought that perhaps at some point the crl might be tweaked to allow for 9-16move :P

If this is the only mod he requests its a pretty easy one.

What is the process for changing the CRL?

Would there be any argument against the change that would allow the move along tube stripe arrangement to be 501st accepted?

I have heard the argument against some other forms of on screen things not being approved.... for instance the TK with no tube stripes. I think 16 tube stripes is fine tho.

Is there ever any with as little as 9 stripes?

Frank,

You are correct that the CRLs do not match screen accuracy sir. Like Juan said, you will need to get GML approval on a none screen accurate 'Move Along' bucket and then upgrade for SWAT. However, you will not need to change for deployment. As a group, you are rich that we need to update the CRLs. I believe the Command Staff is currently working on that. I didn't 'have' to change my count for SWAT, but thought it was the best thing to do and more screen accurate.

@ Derek, I think that is a question for Command Staff. I am sure they will chime in.

CRL does not represent screen accuracy as we can see, eg the mr no stripes tk, but what the legion interprets as what was intended to be. And in some cases, what we can settle or even f not accurate or intended. Many clone and video game costumes are like that: we settle for what can de done, since what we see can not always be done by humans. Eg. The helmet opening in clone armors.

Anyway, changing it can sometimes be really easy, we just do and no one says a thing.most times it is a very long way cause not everyone involved will have the same opinion, knowledge and interrest. A very good example is banning the fx helmet. Lots of politica involved.

The current CRLs were perfectioned and approved 2 years ago by the Legion level staff and the various DL... Some of us as part of the detachment staff worked under Noel aka Bluey, to write down the TD CRL, that is one of the reasons why my armor is portrayed there. It was a very hard work that Bluey put intoit to get it all approved.

Lots of eyes and opinions were over it.

Butthen once it was approved, we have rephrased it a couple of times with no big deal. The thingis that if we do that, we will have to comsider that all GML around the world will have to get it, and also that we can affect past submissions. Most times a new wording is suggested, thissingle thing prevents us to go ahead and do it. Cause we dont want to be unfair to members that applied before the new wording and were rejected or aske for upgrades, as yourself now. Not that hey would say something or not, but need to consider that too.

But there is no rule writen saying that we cant do it. If the detachment has a good reason to propose it to the legion ML officer, we can do it.

Saludos.

Talk to opi wan. He has the same problem with the 16 stripes.

Otherwise send the original picture of the helmet stripes to your GML....same as opi wan did.

In my opinion we like to built accurate TDs, like displayed on original armor pics or in the film.

So, some CRLs have to be changed!!

Good luck trooper!

[

No worries its not that hard to take it off and redo it later. He has to follow the CRL thats what its for.

i have no problem with that just thought that perhaps at some point the crl might be tweaked to allow for 9-16move :P

If this is the only mod he requests its a pretty easy one.

Its not allways this easy, I for example painted my helment in different color layers and removing one stripe can ruin the helmet!

Im waiting for 7 weeks til now and I dont know if they will accept my costume. and this for a movie correct detail :(

Greetings Alex

I agree, but what I did is finish my lid in a matte sealer that is water proof. I then used an off white acrylic paint to paint over the first tube stripe. it closely matches the dirty lid color (close enough) and in theory I can just then put a little water on it to take it off back to the start...I hope.

I will wait and hope before I repaint anything. :) but your idea sound good, hope it works.

But its a kind of silly, if we have to remove a detail to get clearence and then we have to put it on the helmet again.

For me its just useless bureaucracy.

Is it not the case, that the reference has more weight than the CRL....especially in this case?!?!?

The 'Movel along' trooper is one of the most famous sandtrooper. Therefore I don't understand the delay, respectively this confusion..... :unsure::huh::dry:

My GML is a by the book if it is not written in the CRL it is not allowed person. I can understand where he is coming from. GML's have to review a wide variety of costumes that they personally have no experience in. They HAVE to follow the approved CRL. We spend hours and hours pouring over details and building our respective costumes we cannot expect GML's to spend that much time researching our submissions.

I am not mad at my GML, or even mad at the CRL, I do think as more knowledge about movie accuracy is known it would be nice to have the CRLs tweaked to reflect it. I can understand not wanting Mr. no stripes or even all teh gaffa tape and misworn armor stuff in CRLs but withthe Move along Bucket being so well known an a major part of the Sandtrooper Mythos, it seems the minor change from 9-15 to 9-16 should be made and should not cause any fuss.

I had nto realized Opi was in the same boat as I. At least my fix seems to have worked, for that part, now I have to wait and see what else he has an issue with.

I honestly did not pour over the basic CRLs, because the armor had already made approval for TK, and converting it to as close to a movie accurate Move Along Build as I was able, I thought it would be no problem. Silly me...

you are a lucky one :)

When I stand up the first thing is to check my email, but the same procedure an yesterday? the same procedure as every day, Alex! Mailbox is empty :(

I think my costume must be this horrible, that it cant be accepted because of one extra blue stripe, what will people think if the see this? :(

Honestly Opiwan I think yours is 100%the better than mine. Your chest is spot on in my opinion.

I know some GMLs can take forever. I know they do not get paid for this but keeping people waiting for 7 weeks is harsh. I had to wait 4 weeks once and I thought that was bad.

Has the gml said anything to you other than the stripe? My method worked pretty well. I had to touch up the edges a very little.

Good luck, maybe its time to take it up with your leadership?

I have a pretty similar problem, which fits to this topic: Try to build an Captain Docking Bay 94 Garinden V1. Better known as "Stop that ship" This armor differs in reference to CRLs in two important points: The helmet has only 6 cutted teeth, proved by fotos in starwarshelmets.com. The Crls dictate 8. Further the small spanish pouches are not accurate, because they are not listed. Although the "Stop that ship" sandtrooper has an apperance in ANH with speaking part it is not possible to fulfill the basics of the Legion, caused by the CRLs which are -in my honest oppinion- not detailed enough.

The official designation for my armor is: "Alternative Sandtrooper" in regard to the CRLs.

Hans,

Please remember that the 501st standards for "basic" Sandtrooper clearance are not directed towards any particular character in the movie. You do not need to emulate any particular trooper in order to gain 501st approval you simply need to have a moderately accurate Sandtrooper that meets all the CRL requirements, which, its fair to say, are pretty broad. Having a specific armour from the film to copy is not even a MEPD "Police Officer" requirement. Just the CRL is a bit more specific. With regards to the spanish pouches, no they are not referred to in either CRL but the CRL does state 2 or 3 total pouches made of canvas or leather. Spanish pouches are acceptable for MEPD Police Officer and 501st clearance as we know they are screen accurate. If any GML has a problem with that they can come here and discuss it with us!

The tube stripe issue and number of teeth is something that is being discussed behind closed doors, but in the meantime my suggestion is to make your helmet with 8 teeth and then fill 2 in and repaint when and if you go for SWAT.

Nick

Yes. Nick is right.

If your GML has a doubt about the CRL talking about the pouches specifically then we can assist him.

No specific pouch is needed for 501st clearance. Even the inaccurate French pouch is accepted.

About the teeth and so, what nick said too.

Saludos.

I think it's still illogical...first the helmet with 6 teeth, because he made the helmet screen accurate...and then he have to made 8 holes at the frown for the 501st clearance....and then fill it and repaint again :blink: ...nice work in vain.

Ok, I can understand the basics...no problem, but what is with the reference pics...I think it should be noted.....although the spanish pouches is the smallest problem.

You are right Daniel! if there is a reference for specific trooper it must be a accepted. And what is the logik in cuting the teeth and then refill it again, how can it be acceptable to refill it when 8 teeth are a must have for the 501st.??? for me it sounds like a big problem in the CRL. Isn´t it possible to fix this problem? Movie accuracy should be the highes goal for the 501st. without cheating the CRL´s.