Sandtrooper Helmet part 2

philphy

Would this pass as a decent bucket?

Here we have a fan made sandtrooper - Stormtrooper helmet from Star Wars episode iv a new hope.

Fan made resin sculpted helmet with correct dark green lens

Hand painted using correct humbrol colours and weathered , Tatooine style!

post-5331-0-96803800-1358540009_thumb.jp

post-5331-0-85472300-1358540011_thumb.jp

That's not too bad at all. Looks like it's sagging around the frown a little though.

What is it you're trying to get Phil? Is this you looking for a helmet, if so there are many that can be suggested if you want PM me.

Nick

Looks like MFX to me.

MFX ,or movie fx, are a German make. A little off, but still a decent ld. You'd have to ask Scribbler or Juan if its clear-able though ;)

From the pictures, it seems that the dome is a bit more round than the usual TE derived bucket. Also, the faceplace seems to be a bit to narrow, more like a ROTJ bucket, but it must be the lenses effect cause the rest of the bucket doesnt look ROTJ.

Maybe a recast that was modified.

Dont ave any experience with MFX, so could not tell.

If it was a TE derived cast, they fixed fome of the dammage the molds had on the teeth and dome, and also redid the part around the vocoder... as far as I can see.

Maybe an expert like TM can give us some hints on what this bucket its.

Saludos.

A buddy of mine from germany has a similar looking helmet and it's also a resin cast from a MFX. I don't know what technique was used to make it, but in the end it looks the same..not too bad looking though but personally I'd rather prefer another kind of lid.

hey phil,

great to see youve got your lid,congrats bro!!

ok,im going to be honest with you an say ive seen a lot,lot worse!

the first thing i notice though is the faceplate looks a little stretched,

i dont know anything about MFX,but i would think you would have no problem from the

pics of gaining 501ST access with it!

hope that makes you feel a bit better? :thumbsup:

Yeah, I don't think it's MFX. I have a TK lid that says it's from Movie-FX 2007 when I didn't know much about this stuff. I think reading somewhere later that MFX may have recasted SDS and now RS etc etc but the one you have looks like it's really bottom heavy all the way around and may have been simply an early fan sculpt ?

Anyway, here's the MFX I have:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hey Marcus... Yes Phew I feel a lot better for reading that! It's been a tug on the old purse strings to stretch to this... I thought it looked better than my 1st bucket but wasn't sure. My armour needs to be velcroed up, if thats a word, I need a good tutorial on how to do that... Thanks - Phil...