i don't know...

teabo

i've got the armor put together using the snaps instead of velcro.i've used shims on the forearms the calf and thigh pieces.i think i've done everything right but when i put the armor on the chest piece rises above the stomach and back parts.it seems if i push together the stomach and back it dosen't happen that bad or maybe i'm just not putting the stomach and butt on right... any ideas?

Maybe you could add an extra snap to each strap to tighten everything up?Pics would help to show the problem but I think it sounds like you need to keep the chest pulled down?A couple of straps fixed inside the chest (pec area) and inside the ab plate should keep the chest fom riding up.If you have two snaps on one end of your straps that will give you some adjustability,rather than just having one on each end.Also,don't fix the shoulder straps (if you have any) to the back plate,just the chest.

-Paul.

i dont know what kind of armor we're talking about but if you watch in the movie it seems like the back of the chest naturally rises up above the back of the ab piece. that seems to be the case with ANH and AP armor just cuz its all smaller parts and what not. maybe im wrong? (which is very very possible)

OHHH!! you mean it pushes outward rather than upward toward your face?

im guessing that your stomach piece is tight at the waist but lose at the top. you might want to add an extra snap and strap higher up so it fits you tightly.

ORRRRRRR

it may be the case that your shoulder straps arent bent enough in which case you might want to take a heat gun to it to curve them more.

anyone else please step in if im wrong.

If it is pushing outwards near your neck then you need to undo the plastic shoulder straps,and only have it permanantly fixed to the chest and loose at the back.Put a strap under the chest to the back with a couple of snaps on and then you will be able to adjust for a better fit.

Show some pictures of you wearing the chest/back and ab/lower back/butt because i'm not really quite sure what you mean. It sounds like you mean that the chest plate rises up and ends up with its bottom lip resting on the top lip of the ab plate. If this is the case, your best bet would be to do what prop_master suggested and use an elastic strap to ad some tension so that the chest stays in place.

Also, not to hijack the thread , your diamond kneeplate needs to go on your left shin and the boxes need to go on the right thigh. You have it reversed.

O.K. I think i figured it out the strap on the crotch area to tight it made the top shot outwards and i added a strap from the chest piece to the ab to bring it down some.it works now i need to do the helmet.first rough pics of armor i still need to tweak it a little in the thigh area but i'll take any criticsm on it so far,i'm still waiting on the neck seal and boots

Posted Image

Posted Image