Custom Action Figure Fun

SAND DEVIL

Team,

Just wanted to share some fun. First, I have to give credit to TD-5491 (Walt). I read his posts on 501st and got this idea from him. Also, I have to say before you see the pics that I started this project & I intended to complete SWAT before this was done. So this is my carrot to finish my SWAT build. I know I am not SWAT, but will only display this in my son's room. He thinks I am SWAT, so that is what is important. I also got clearance from Rick to add the command staff to the 'Collect these other awesome characters'. So take it all with a grain of salt please, no insult is intended. But man is this cool....I used my deployment date and TD #10072 for the numbers. So I made my own 30th Anniversary custom action figure:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks amazing. I watched that video the other day but can't find it now. Can you post a link to it? Also, how do you go about putting the plastic onto the card? Do you just take it off of another figure that you purchase? Yours looks outstanding

Walt didn't make it, I did. I used his idea and post to help. Idea and assistance on 'how to' belong to Walt.

I took apart a 30th and clean TD, cut off belt boxes and E-11 holster, painted, weathered, added pauldron sticker spot, and chest blast. Then scanned the card (front and back) into the computer, used Photoshop to clean up and add my details. I very carefully cut the gold 'Star Wars' off a card and re-glued it to mine. Used photo paper to print cards, front back and bottom bubble. I used the coin it came with and then did the same Photoshop work on an MEPD coin picture from 501st. I had to glue it on the plastic one. Tried to locate a real one, but couldn't. Now that the whole thing is put together and in a protective Star Wars bubble.......IT IS AWESOME! Hanging in my son's room with the other 30th figures (over a hundred). The Photoshop and bubble removal took the longest, literally about 16 hours. Next ones will be easier now that I have templates and can just change pictures, background etc.

Next project is a custom head I had made of my son (very detailed and looks just like him) and adding it to a Fett one for him. I will have it with bucket off and holding in his hands. He wants to be a Fett (trying to convince him TD is better). I will add pics soon. It is for Christmas, so it has to be done soon.

I reached out to Walt to see if I could help do a run, but haven't gotten a response yet. I know he is swamped and he had some sick family too. Don't want to step on toes. Just having fun with it.

@ Gordonator & Juan, of course I had to take off the rebels and add our command staff brother.

@ Juan, would love to do them, but don't want to take over Walt's project.

@ Jason, I purchased a figure and used the card for thickness when I attached my photo paper. I also used the bubble because they are custom molded to the figure. It takes some time to get the glue off, but when done and glued the hazy look disappears. I will post more pics of that. The one above was not glues yet, it is now. I use E6000 because it clears up the old bubble and dries clear. I will see if I can locate Walt's video. It is on Youtube. If I can relocate, I will post it here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OK, so here is my son's Christmas present. Wants to be Boba Fett for 501st when he turns 18. I will have to update when the custom head I had done of him is done (before Christmas). But I was so excited about the card and coin, I had to share. He keeps asking me if I am ever going to do a Fett....Hehehe, little does he know.

Overall, not glued. Helmet in hand. Bounty Hunter Guild black coin. Notice the reflection in his helmet? Han Solo in carbonite (or is it carbonate?). Not my artwork, just my Photoshop. Used his DOB and Christmas date since he is not 501st yet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...