Elegance's TD Pics - WIP

Elegance

Thought Id make a start and see what you guys think, Ive only been tinkering/repair the armour so far

and havent touched the back back or lid which when I study them look ok but I admit to being green and

that I still have loads to learn.

Oh, theres a sig in the lid so see if you can guess who's it is :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a bonus pic with Dave(Vader)Prowse at a recent troop I was lucky enough to do -

Posted Image

Hi Neil,

So far so good mate. From what I can tell your bak pack looks good - of course there is room for more accuracy, but for ukg Clarence it seems very good!

Did you get AF to sign your lid at mem by any chance!?

Was signed when I bought it, I was told it was signed but not who by.......

Any immediate improvements required for "anything slightly off" that might be picked up for UKG clearance that you can see? I know our

UKG standard are tougher than some.

I'll try and get the armour pics up be the weekend.

All comments appreciated :thumbsup:

Was signed when I bought it, I was told it was signed but not who by.......

Any immediate improvements required for "anything slightly off" that might be picked up for UKG clearance that you can see? I know our

UKG standard are tougher than some.

I'll try and get the armour pics up be the weekend.

All comments appreciated :thumbsup:

Ah cool! Well it's Anthony Forrest you lucky dog! I know as I also have his autograph ;)

post-3212-0-46865100-1354134917_thumb.jp

As far as your TD pics - things look great mate. I take it you've got a black rank stripe on your helmet ears?

Once you've posted up the full kit we will be able to give you more info and guidance ;)

Take a look at this pic. You see the grey area on the ear piece? There should be a black stripe down the little bumps. Sandtroopers only have one and that's at the rear (towards the back). I couldn't see from your pictures if you had them. :)

post-3212-0-01025400-1354153944_thumb.jp

No, not really. All the TD's have one on each side on the last ridge towards the back of the helmet - regardless of pauldron colour (rank).

The TK's use the stripes to determine rank as they all look the same apart from this little stripe. Most TK members go for the standard "private 1st class" (thats class1 Private to us Brits) appearance.

I once found a picture on google of all the different variations of the stripes... Ill see if I can find it and post it up ;)

Found it. Ignore the single stripe at the rear on this though as it says its WO (Warrant officer) - as this is obviously a fan made chart and they made it for TK markings. TD's have just the one marking as we're extra special and get pauldrons! Lol

post-3212-0-99644400-1354186984_thumb.jp

Hope this helps a little ;)

Brilliant, thanks a lot, so as I understand (Im orange) I can put the stripe anywhere on the

bumps? Is there a "standard" or "normal" bump the UKG guys go for as I would follow that

as it makes more sense to.

Brilliant, thanks a lot, so as I understand (Im orange) I can put the stripe anywhere on the

bumps? Is there a "standard" or "normal" bump the UKG guys go for as I would follow that

as it makes more sense to.

No. As a TD the stripe HAS to be on the last bump of each earpiece to be considered accurate. You can still wear any colour pauldron you wish though. ;)

No. As a TD the stripe HAS to be on the last bump of each earpiece to be considered accurate. You can still wear any colour pauldron you wish though. ;)

Actually can be either last of first bump Brad. See here mate. Only reason I know is because mine is "Stop that Ship" and its different to "Move Along".

post-2653-0-29930300-1354200255_thumb.pn

Still doesnt answer the rank of Orange Pauldron trooper question though as these are both different ear markings.

Nick

Actually can be either last of first bump Brad. See here mate. Only reason I know is because mine is "Stop that Ship" and its different to "Move Along".

post-2653-0-29930300-1354200255_thumb.pn

Still doesnt answer the rank of Orange Pauldron trooper question though as these are both different ear markings.

Nick

Ah, we'll spotted mate. Every day is a school day ;)

Soooo, the big question is, is STS Capt the only exception or has anyone spotted any others?

Did a test fit last night which went pretty well on my own, managed to get all the armour on apart

from my pack so need to wait for the missus to be in to help and take some pics. Few things I may

need to look at is one of the thighs seemed a little warped and I may need to update the belt

suspension system.

When kitting up I also thought the should bells where a little loose, could that be down to the pauldron and

pack sitting on them though?

I also managed to get the TD Chatter loop onto an old I-pod and it sounded great. Question, im using the Aker 10w for this and out of interest where do most of you hide the speaker?

Finally got round to a proper test-fit. It all feels like it wears well with no cutting issues, I still need to paint the rank stripe on the ear and fix

the speakers/mic, got the TD chatter loop on an old I-pod (which sounds great) so need to fix that to the back pack too!!! All comments

and feedback much appreciated guys :thumbsup:.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hoping so, need to get cleared first but would like to make MEM at Excel next year. Still got one more troop in

Northampton to go in a few weeks then thants it for the year.

You all done this year?