London Expo 2012 - my induction day and first troop

P3laton3

It was a great day!!!

I met for the first time the UK Garrison guys. They've been very patient with me and very kind.

Many thanks to all the guys and gals who took the time to talk with me.

I had my induction and spotted other squads for a while until I've been told to dress me up for my first troop.

Actually it wasn't a proper troop or at least as I thought it could be my first one (stopping people etc.) for the whole time I've been standing on the AMAZING set with the Landspeeder surrounded by Tattooine walls (thank to VRS guys).

They spent the whole weekend manning the stand, making sure that everyone got the photos they wanted.

I felt like be a fish in a bowl....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The little Jedi literally stole the attention of everybody!!!

Posted Image

I didn't know him since that day, but he was looking for grab my finger (awwww so cute)

Posted Image

Can you see the huge smile under the lid? it's still there after weeks!

Posted Image

I guess he adopted me like his puppy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wouldn't ask for more.

I repeat it was great day and I felt so welcome and at ease.

These are some awesome hots mate! Shame I couldn't be there, we would have had a blast with that stand! I'm sure we'll meet at a troop soon Ruggero ;)

What make is you DLT mate?

I hope so mate, I was trooping solo on sunday :confused:

The DLT is a resin cast from Doopydoo's, with some weathering on it and few little tweaks which made it very nice.

here some pics and the file to make the tweaks

https://plus.google.com/photos/100906355791884506888/albums/5766431439116065825

Ooh, nice. I ask because I've just ordered a doopys DLT also. I think I'll get Dave (sir Dave) to give it a dry brush weathering as he is the master at that!

It's a shame I can't make it to Mem this weekend as I'm away at a wedding, but next year ill be around more - with my new armour too!

Thanks for the link buddy, ill use that for reference ;)

So is that you in the pics also Neil?

No not in any of these, I do have a nice one of me with Bill Paxton though, it was kinda funny cus the other TK and me didnt have a clue who it was at the time, he strolled up stood between us and got some snaps for himself, I remember thinking something was up cus loads of UKG staff quickly tried to take some pics.

Great day for all which I wont forget as my first troop.

No not in any of these, I do have a nice one of me with Bill Paxton though, it was kinda funny cus the other TK and me didnt have a clue who it was at the time, he strolled up stood between us and got some snaps for himself, I remember thinking something was up cus loads of UKG staff quickly tried to take some pics.

Great day for all which I wont forget as my first troop.

Result! Get them pics up mate! ;)

I thought you were a veteran :duim:

Flattery will get you everywhere :)

But no, was my induction too!!

Ive done one more troop since which was looking after David "Vader" Prowse at a book signing and just signed up to another 2. I need to make

some time to sort my TD though and get cleared (fingers crossed).........

You looked the dog's danglies, especially in the Mos Eisley set. Always nice to witness a new trooper geting branded (I was the snowtrooper on the Sunday). Congrats on your first troop. If I ever get my frackin' backpack finished, I'll be there alongside you.