Where do I start?

Houston

Hi all; just signed up......pre gear purchase. Looking for help as to where and what to buy. The more I research Sand Troopers, the more I'm determined to follow this path. ENFORCER TD6305 has helped me immensely already. Primarily lead me to this amazing group. I'm very good with design and finish. Also interpretation of weapons and equipment. Just hopin you guys steer me to the right suppliers! My goal would be to gain acceptance to SWAT eventually. Thanks to all that take the time to reply. Oh....does anyone else's wife wonder if you sane? Just asking.

Lol...ya they all wonder :/

Anyway, welcome aboard brother....the best thing to do would be read....read...read...

Gear purchase will depend a lot on how accurate you want to be, how much money you can spend, how long you want to wait for it and the origin of the product.

Stay away from eBay...the items sold here are a 100 times better and will be less expensive 99.9% of the time.

If you are handy, you can save some money by building items yourself but will also depend on how valuable your time is. Buying a previously built kit will save time but might not fit unless you are the exact weight and height of the previouse owner.

Take your time and try to establish your "ultimate" goal before you make a move....this will save money and time down the road. Pick your favorite trooper and work towards that

Well Gerry, no one has said it better than Rick :thumbsup:

He's pointed you to the right direction.

Welcome aboard man, it's one cool Detachment filled with

tons of knowledge, but best of all, amazing troopers :td:

Sane? Yes in an insane way :woot:

It has amazed me how many people in the "sane" world

get engaged and thrill of what we do and how we dress up.

Seems to me we must be living an exciting life after all :D

Welcome again to the dirty bunch!!! :salute:

Hi Gerry and welcome to the MEPD dude ;)

The only other thing I can think to mention is, don't go for a trade marked company for any parts of your build I.e. rubies, master replica etc as these normally need a lot of work to bring them up to 501st standard.

Other than that dig deep into the previous posts and thread of this and also the FISD for info on where to get quality armour. However to suggest a few; MTK, TM, ATA and AP - run these through the boards and google and you'll find your way ;)

Remember, we are here and are WANTING to help :)

Smally.