ANH studio or trooping friendly build?

Smally

Hey troops,

So, I'm waiting on my new armour from MTK to be pulled and shipped. In the mean time I'm slowly gathering the other parts to the TD build (pouches, boots, pauldrons etc etc) as well as the strapping system.

I got in touch with Paul/TM about the studio style strapping system which was used for the films. However the more I read up on it it seems that the good old poppers are the better choice for trooping with. I've always used poppers for their ease and reliability, plus they're easy to replace if needed..... But saying this I fancied going more 'original'

What do you guys think, studio build or trooping friendly build?

for me its original strapping all the way!!

i built my first with poppers and i found it took longer and had the odd problem with it,

my RS is done as per the original and it fits together great,simple but really effective!

my armour is 1.5mm but ive heard that its not for 2mm acrylic capped as its more brittle,so having the holes

drilled on the edge can be a bit more dangerous! :thumbsup:

I'll look it from the Production angle Smally, there was a budget and a production deadline to finish the movie.

I've done lots of tv spots and even if its not the same as doing a movie at times we must improvise to accomplish the production agenda.

I can only imagine the production crews so that props and crafting were done in time. And to me that's we're poppers and other costuming glitches as duct tape, cracks, etc came on the way.

I bet the suits worn back then were not comfortable at all. If its not for us, imagine then. LOL

By far we craft better Sandies than back a days. Hope I'm not breaking ANH sacrilege here, LOL but its true.

Now that we troop for many reasons, better be comfortable... So yes, I choose friendly strapping.

LOL, all this to make the statement.

:D

Original ANH strapping all the way for me!

I am building more suits with original strapping these days and it really works great. When you try and replicate every detail on your armour, helmets, and packs to be as close to the screen used originals as possible, why cheat and not do the insides?

To be a real Sandtrooper, you have to have everything the same as the actors did back in 1976 when filming in Tunisia. That is the only way to have a true replica in my opinion. Having fake rivets and screws seems pointless to me. Either go the whole hog or be happy with your snaps :)