The road block

Rolf

Nothing major, i just think its strange that we see the land speeder and sandy´s on a wooden stage.

But on other pics, there stage is not there?

Why was it there in the first two pic, and then gone again... the only thing i can think off is it have to be something to do whit the land speeder coming into the scene or something... :teehee::td:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I dont think it has anything to do with camera height or angle, since all issues regarding that could easily be solved by adjusting the tripod or dolly. Maybe actors height or background stuff height.

If it was a matter of sand not coming to equipment, that could make sense... but why put the speedes and troopers over the boards?

*IS THINKING AND COMPARING SHOTS*

I got it!!!

The thing is that for the "over the shoulder" shot, they needed to close up into Alec Guiness but still be able to look over the shoulder. And Being able to do that shot with everone standing on the same lever, would make the camara to tilt down too much. So, they hada to rise the speeder and the background troopers.

To achieve this shot:

post-1761-0-89597000-1351113336_thumb.pn

Cause if they were to have everyone on the floor, we would see Anthony F's butt, not the bicep:

post-1761-0-95179600-1351113375_thumb.pn

And it is very claer that Anthony is not over the boards, but everyone else is:

post-1761-0-94195700-1351113410_thumb.pn

That makes perfect sense to me why in other shots the speeder is at knee's high, but in that specific close up to Obi Wan, it seems to be higher, compared to the move along trooper.

Does it makes sense?

Saludos

Yeah this might be why, Anthony told me when i meet him. That he just came to the set, all the other sandtrooper´s was all ready in armor. And he never get to see there faces or talk to them in person.

Yeah this might be why, Anthony told me when i meet him. That he just came to the set, all the other sandtrooper´s was all ready in armor. And he never get to see there faces or talk to them in person.

That's pretty cool. What was Anthony like Rolf? He's on facebook quite a bit and is very 'approachable' with questions.... So I've heard :)

That's pretty cool. What was Anthony like Rolf? He's on facebook quite a bit and is very 'approachable' with questions.... So I've heard :)

I like him a lot, all down to earth and nice to talk to.

I talked alone whit him for a small hour, i was there early to a event here in Copenhagen and he just sit there alone so we fall into talk.

I also got he´s private email, and have send him all my best move a long pics he can use on cons, events to sign etc.

Yeah he answers all questions in details, a very nice person, takes he´s time, gives you the feeling you know him a like :thumbsup::td:

It seems to me as though those areas were setup for the cameras to run on. The stretch of wood that the droid is running over for the far away shots of when the speeder first appears in shot and the wood underneath the speeder for the close up shots either side of the speeder during the encounter.

Makes sense to me, probably they couldnt run the cameras directly off the sand.

Nick