Strap slipping off shoulder

SNOWMAN

On my star wars reads troop, the right backpack strap kept slipping off my shoulder.

what do you all recommend to help fix this?

I've heard use backpack shoulder pads to make it a wide area, I've also heard use a piece of material along the back to connect the straps, like an H. So left side of H is left shoulder strap, right is the right. If the right side went out, it would tug on the left strap preventing it from slipping.

Any advice is appreciated!

What I do is...

I use 1" polypropylene straps that are made to be adjustable then I use a small piece of foam and tuck it under my underarmor on my shoulders. When the pack is on the foam does two things....absorbs the weight and creates a channel like area to keep the pack on my shoulders.

I sewed some foam cushion around the shoulder pads. But actually I think the chest strap will keep your shoulder straps from slipping. I sewed an adjustable, snap chest strap to the shoulder straps. It pulls the shoulder straps tighter into the center of my chest and locks it in nice and secure.

The strap you made, do you run this behind your chest plate across your chest? Trying to figure out how to do a strap across the chest so that it doesn't ride up towards my neck.

I have a photo shoot tomorrow morning for our garrison, so I'm going to try the foam trick mentioned by Dirty Boy, that will be a good test. And then figure out how to do a strap I think.

Thanks for the tips!

Yeah the chest strap goes under the chest plate. I have had no problems with it riding up at all. Once I tightened it all up I couldn't even feel the pack. I am traveling now otherwise I could take a picture and show you. I will when I get home in about a week, if that helps.

I want to Walmart in the Automotive section and purchased a set of black car seat seat belt pads. They slide on the straps. Used by drivers to cushion their shoulders while driving. Set cost $5. It is thick and has padding inside as well. Never moves. Good luck on the photo shoot.

Wife came home sick as a dog, so no photo shoo for me today. Gotta stay home and be a good trooper and watch the kid as well.

But, that gives me more time to investigate the strap issue, so not a total loss. :)