TD for Taller Troopers (RT-MOD)

DarthAloha

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with RT-MOD armor in any way. I am only a very tall and very happy customer.

Most of you who know me from the FISD forums know that I rock the RT-MOD TK action. Right now it is the most accurate fan sculpt (as opposed to something that was once recasted from screen used armor meant for tiny english dudes about 5'10") that fits the taller and somewhat larger trooper. After seeing both AM and RT-MOD in person I think RT-MOD is more appropriate for the taller and less girthy trooper. AM is well suited for the wider trooper and, as of right now, less accurate looking.

Rob of RT-MOD is now offering a TD version of it TK for us tall guys. He has a TD sniper knee and ab plate that looks pretty good. I am likely buying this kit early in Q1 2013.

Here is a photo of the sniper knee Rob sent me recently:

Posted Image

And the ab plate:

Posted Image

I am 6'5" and when I had a 40" paint waist I think that was the maximim that would fit without shimming the ab/kidney gaps. The RT ab is longer and so are the shins.

His armor does typically come trimmed and uses the overlap method of construction. It is possible to get the kit untrimmed. It would also be very easy to trim the overlaps and add cover strips to the pre-trimmed version.

These are the max circumference of various parts for his armor:

• Thigh - 27"
  • Calve - 17"
  • Bicep - 16.5"
  • Forearm - 13.5"
  • Abdomen - 42"
Here are some photos of me in my shiny TK... forever taller than Vader.

Aloha,

-Eric

I too highly recomend RT Mod for the too tall troopers :thumbsup:

Rob is also an awesome guy to deal with. I couldn't really afford to buy a whole new kit, so he pulled just the pieces I really needed to fill in the gaps. He had no problem with many mind changes and additions I wanted. I ended up replacing my FX limbs and ab-plate.

Interesting? I had been told by other members that he wasn't taking orders.

I would definately tell everyone to get the untrimmed version and put it together with the butt and strip method.

Question? Why is the ab removed from the cod in this picture?

Jay,

As far as I know he is taking orders. Rob travels for work and often takes a long time to fulfill and order, but no longer than most.

I agree that buying untrimmed and doing cover strips is the way to go. That is my intent for my RT TD planned for next year, but it is possible to put cover strips of the trimmed kit. There is enough material to do so.

For some reason RT-MOD has a seperate cod and ab. I've toyed with fusing mine together but the belt covers the seam nicely so it hasn't been a priority.

Aloha,

-Eric

Interesting? Just spoke to the two guys again, and they confirmed that the email they got, said he wasn't doing anymore orders right now. I will tell them to try again. As for the two piece??? Very strange, because if my memory serves me correctly, the ab/cod, has to be one piece to be approved. I can't remember if that was just here or 501st. I am pretty sure 501st approval, but will find out

Weird dude. For TK it doesn't matter if cod/ab are two pieces even for Centurion much less base 501st approval. I wasn't aware of it being any different for TD. There is no specific mention of it in the CRL.

And you are absolutely right about RT. Rob just emailed and said he's swamped with orders and isn't taking any new ones. That may be a bummer for me as I've been saving my pennies for an RT-TD this winter. It ain't always easy being tall.

Aloha,

-Eric

Very strange indeed. When I started 5 years ago, the CRL was specific to the solid ab/cod piece. The picture in the CRL still shows the one piece, but doesn't specify it anymore. I still have my emails of this specific item as well. Strange that it has suddenly been dropped for ANH, whether FISD or MEPD.

Will need other input on this. It is good info to know though. I originally wanted to cut mine to wear my Kilt, but the original costumes were never cut there so I didn't. I will be watching this one

Yep. I've been in contact with Paul. They're pricey and so is shipping but probably worth it. However I may need to lose a few more pounds the middle before I can fit into TM or ATA even if I had his longer shins.

I did ask him to measure the TM XL shins and they were quite a bit longer than the RT ones. I can't find the PM with the length tho.

Aloha,

-Eric