I need a detective to indagate which Backpack configuration has this guy

P3laton3

Hi all,

I was wondering if the guy in the middle of the famous pic ( where all the sandtroopers were posing for a behind the scenes) is the same in the pod scene. Have a quick look at the small coloured dots as they match.

If yes which kind of backpack configuration is the closer to the one used on the screen?

I'd like apply for SWAT with this setup.

On what I know there's just one setup for the black pauldron sandtrooper and is the one in the Alley/Falcon scene, and has no pouches at all.

Posted Image

Is this the only configuration accepted by the 501st?

Posted Image

and for the pod scene could be feasible this one?

Posted Image

and another question the black pauldrono should be an upside down white pauldron?

Thank you

Ruggero

There are 2 black pauldron troopers but they wear different armour/ pack/ weapon/ pouch configs in their scenes. I started to put together a definitive list for a reference website but won't be able to get to that whilst I Am at work. The guy in the photo above is wearing the Move Along armour, distinctive by its chest weathering pattern. In the desert scene he has the DLT-19, however in the roadblock scene there are 2 black troopers, one with an E-11 and one with a MG-15. If you need any more info I'll try and get it for you later tonight.

Nick

There are other two when the Millenium Falcon take off, one with the MG15 and another one with the MG34.

Pandatrooper once did a breakdown of all those guys, but there's anyone about the desert scene.

I only looked quick into this, but looks like your right on the desert trooper being the same:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I made the diagram, and Terry made the computer design of it.

I just made some of the sandtrooper´s i saw, and was most sure off.

Here´s a few pics of my private sandy´s:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

PPppheww thats was a lot of pics, but the new updated photobucket site are working fast.

I hope you can use some of the pics :thumbsup:

Sorry to bother you all with this, but in the pod scene the black pauldron trooper which backpack wore?

I am trying to figure out even the belt pouches which look bigger than the spanish one worn by the trooper behind him (orange pauldron)

Posted Image

Yeah the sergeant pauldron have two sewing lines:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

But i have the feeling there was a white sergeant pauldron in ANH whit no sewing lines on.

Look at the white pauldron to the left here:

Posted Image

Left again:

Posted Image

Bad pic i know, but the white pauldron in the back looks like it have no sewing lines to it.

While the front white pauldron have the two sewing lines we know of:

Posted Image

One thing is for sure we it the white one whit two sewing lines a few times in ANH :thumbsup: