Movie Mania, Leicester National Space Centre, UK, 22nd-23rd Sept 2012

nick.black

Myself and fellow MEPD trooper Joe Versku trooped this weekend at the National Space Centre in Leicester. A common venue for 501st troops, this one was Movie Mania which was designed to promote interest in all kinds of movies and the event itself was aimed more for our sister group Reel-Icons who are a film and TV costuming group affiliated to the UK Garrison.

Lots of great costumes on display but wanted to share a few shots of myself and Joe taken on the Mars landscape at the Space Centre, which has lighting and terrain simulating the red planet. Awesome place for photos.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This also gave me a great opportunity to show off my revised armour, dirtier weathering, and Jay's Trooper1 pauldron.

Nick

Yep, that was an awesome weekend. Only my second troop and my first with a fellow MEPD. Nick, you're a true gentleman and a natural in the role you played. Those kids loved you man AND you stayed in character ! Thanks for reversing your pauldron on our first outing so I could be captain and also for the loan of the white tape when I had a slight calf malfunction. It inadvertantly led me to having a slightly more accurate armour I guess ! LOL

Speaking of accuracy, it was a real pleasure to meet Sir Dave, finally ! What a genuinely nice fella. He's all heart that one !

Also got to see Smally again ! Not in armour but as he has recently announced, he will be donning an all new one in future and hopefully soon !

Thanks for posting the pix Nick ! For my own vanity :-) here are some cropped versions. The second one being my favourite and is now my work screensaver ! :-D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awesome Dave. No sorry mate unfortunately as I was saying at the weekend I very rarely get to take any photos of myself at troops so have to rely on others. In this case Sue did an amazing job with the Nara ones of me and Joe.

Was great to see you too mate, looking amazing in your Scout.

Nick

Joe,

Thank you so much for your kind words mate, it was great fun and also a great pleasure to troop with a like minded soul like yourself. We rocked the place as only the MEPD know how.

Great edits on those pics. Hopefully more will be posted soon.

Nick

i was looking at nick and joe loads at this event,and wishing i'd have brought my sandie along ! ,but , doing the scout this weekend is for a fallen brother of mine who passed from us today, ,so , maybe the old sandie will be out again at MEM Nick ? :thumbsup: