My TK to TD FX Conversion!

DEDEDEJr

Well my fellow troopers, after months of hard work, I think I'm finally worth to join the ranks of the sandtroopers!

After being a clean and white TK for a couple of years, I decided it was time to promote myself, and with the purchase of a backpack from a fellow 501st member, my journey began.

I would like to thank all the members of both the FISD and MEPD for their help in me realizing this dream!

Official application photos will come next week, but for now, I hope my phone photos provide some enjoyment for you. I hope to do you all proud when I am officially made a TD!

Raising the brow of my MRCE, in order to fit in with the sandies more:

Posted Image

Done! And erased the navy stripes to make way for nice new light blue decals.

Posted Image

Some beautiful pouches arrive, along with an even more beautiful pauldron! At this point, I briefly consider calling it a day and going Heavy Weapons Trooper:

Posted Image

...Nah ;) Let the weathering begin! I decided to use the fuller's earth and spraypaint method, as I like the idea of using "real" sand. Thanks again to trooperbay!

Posted Image

Base coat of black to the thighs:

Posted Image

Likewise for my ab piece (special thanks to TM for the replacement TD parts, worked like a charm!):

Posted Image

After my second coat of colour. Probably too dirty at this point...but I can't help but keep going :devil:

Posted Image

Getting my helmet ready for weathering, gotta keep the openings clean!

Posted Image

And DONE!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The amount of dirt I have on is a bit excessive I'll admit (as I said, this was my first time doing anything like this) but I hope that over time it will rub off, just like real sand would :)

Thanks again for your help everyone! Hope to see you all out there soon!

youve made a great job of your ab plate conversion mate,looks mint!

be good to see a bit of weathering on your shoulder pouch,great bit of fun kicking it

round the garden to wear the edges. :woot:

as for your overall armour i agree to knock off some areas and leave in the joints and cracks!

this is just my opinion and you do what makes YOU happy,looks great!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the great reception everyone!

Just out of curiousity, would the weathering on this armour be too extreme for Police Officer requirements? I've seen a few people get in with some intense designs, so I'd like to know whether or not I can get by as well! :td:

The official decision would come from our deployment officer Juan but I say wash it up a little bit to be more in line with what you see on screen. I think you'd be much happier with the results. Especially on the helmet man...you want it to white with dirt accents but it could also be the lighting....at any rate thumbs up

Great start man

Well my brothers, I've finally done it! Yesterday, I became a fully approved 501st TD! Thanks again to everyone of you who helped to get me here! :td:

For your viewing pleasure are the photos from my shoot in my sister's school photo studio. I hope I make you all proud! :salute:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Backpack detailed:

Posted Image

Ab plate detail:

Posted Image

Posted Image