Accurate armor to fit tall people

trooper1

I'm 6'2", medium build & would say on the the cusp of my TM TK.

I'd also be confident to go for an RS (I've tried a few pieces on & it seems fine). If your mate is 'big' though, the safe bet would be RT-Mod.........specifically made for the big fellas!!

Thanks for the info bro! I was wondering how TM and RS worked for tall guys.

I dont think the guy is that big, round wise, but he is just tall and thin he says. 170' and 6'3" should fit easily enough in any set I would think, except for the height. thats what I was wondering about.

Well like I said I'm medium build - here's my first clearance shot.....

Posted Image

However I wasn't keep on how high the lid sat - I took the padding out & put some shoulder pads in the undersuit to slightly jack up the vest.....oh & tightened up the bells.....looks right now.

Oh & TM does extra length in the calves if you need it (I has to trim this extra back as you can see it jamming into my right knee on the fist pic)

Posted Image

For those of you also on FISD know that I'm a tall dude who sports RT-MOD. It is a fan sculpted suit. This means that it cannot trace its lineage back to something once casted from screen uses armor.

At 6'5" 230 RT is the only choice for me. I could have gone AM (what is now FX) but the chest and legs aren't as accurate. AM is better for the more stout of troopers and if you're just tall, AM will be a ton of work to trim it to fit.

A bunch of folks who are tall but skinny (including FISD founder and former DL Daetrin) wear something more accurate and just use RT-MOD's shins to reduce large swaths of black space in the legs.

Rob of RT (a super nice guy) is now making a TD ab and sniper knee. It's the suit I'll be going TD with this winter. I can't wait to see it.

Aloha,

-Eric