Bucket Heeeeelp!

PatrickW1074

Ok guys, I have tried the foam padding for the helmet, I have tried the military helmet pads and both did not work for me. My last attempt toget my bucket to stay on my melon is the construction helmet suspension system. I need suggestions and help. I am not sure what else to do.

Thanks in advance

Patrick

Thanks Jay. I thin I may make a trip to the store tomorrow. I am willing to try anything at this point. Can't wait to get that pauldron too. I did not get to go out of town after all. Uuuuuuugh! All these little things are just killing me. I am so close to being done. I am also building my MG-15 and I was going to put some sort of lighting the barrel and can't find the right lighting. Uuuugh!!!

I used the batting helmet method on one of my buckets as well. Works good (kinda pricey though) theres a canadian company that makes a knee pad that also can be cut to work as well.

Use a lazer pointer for the beam :)

I am trying to go for the light effect that can be seen form the side too. I took the guts from a Hasbro E-11. Thought I would try it out. As far as the bucket goes. I just have a big ol' melon. What about the hard hat liner thing, any luck with that?

I have a cheaper and easier method: chin straps.

Yes, just add two elastics and snaps to your bucket and it will stick to your head movements with any padding you might have.

That is the way original helmets were held in place, and it works wonders in my experience.

;)

Saludos.

I used the batting helmet in my new ap bucket and it works really good. I just had to take put the back padding for my huge head.

The construction hat liner worked good for my fx. I don't think it would fit too good in more accurate buckets.

I also have a big head - my system is this. I only use 5 small pads (cut up foam knee pads) - 2 on my forehead, 2 in the rear (just behind my ears), and 1 at the back of my head. Helmet sits snug and doesn't move and has never shifted or fallen off. I only use a very thin (maybe 1/4 inch thick) foam pad for the top of my head, so basically the top of the helmet is resting on my head.

Wow guys!!!! Once again MEPD rises to the occasion and offers up maximum help. Thanks guys, I am glad the ideas came in because I was about to put my bucket on and spray in some expandable foam to see how that works. LOL. Do not try this at home!!! :yucky: