Did the "Move Along" Trooper have pouches on his h

After reviewing Braks research on the "Move Along" Troopers shoulder pouch I was wondering if it is known if he has any on his left hip? I have a pic where one, which appears very much to be leather, on his right hip.

Since the holster might be on the left side I'm just not sure whats going on with the pouch situation, if any.

Steve

I am going with brak here about the holster. But my observation is that some had mp-40 pouches on the left and a smaller pouch like TE was selling on the right.But if you don't have a small pouch i guess one mp-40 on the right and one on the left.Do we know how many pouches they had all together?Did they have any on there backside?

To the best of my knowledge they did not have any pouches on their packs. I have IDed at least 5 variants of pouches, but can't say that is all. I believe there was only ONE of the shoulder pouches with the small extra pouch. We see Davin wearing it, then later see what I believe to be the same pouch on the Move Along trooper, then later, Davin is wearing it again for the alleyway scene.

Great research, Braks!

As I seen on Your Davin Felth website, Davin wears a canvas Mp40 pouch on his left shoulder... but... finally I got a couple of original, and rare to find, leather MP38/40 puches (mint)!

So... I would like to use these leather pouches (I guess, if those pouches were easy available and easy to find during the filming of ANH, probaly LF propmakers had used these)

Let me know if I'm totally wrong.

CIAO

Alberto

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where can i get a canvas one?You are right after seeing Mikes his does look better...

irob, I bought a pair of canvas replica pouches from ima-usa.com for $24.95 plus shipping. They're green, but can be easily dyed black. Search for "magazine pouch" and you can see the different colors, or just search GG4025 to take you right to the green ones.

Hey, BraksBuddy, do you know if any of the troopers wore canvas pouches on their belts? I've never noticed definite evidence, but several shots could be interpreted either way.

-Tom

• 1 month later...

Ill think, the move a long trooper have wien stolla mp 38/40 in leather (brown) on he´s hips.

And mp40 (whit the little extra box on) in canvas (green) on he´s shoulder. All dyed black.

on the Indicator 1 pictures, the material looks too thick on the flap edge to be canvas, but I have not done the reasearch of the others. however, if it is indeed canvas there must be something inside to keep it stiff and flat. I will continue to wear a modified leather one.

The canvas ones are all over eBay, some pretty cheap. The Luftwaffe blue might be easier to dye black.

Search for "MP 40" or "MP-40" please include the quotes

EDIT - I need to learn to type

i think it depends on how they dyed them. if the pouch was for example spraypainted it would be much stiffer. maybe this would explain why they appear to be stiff and if the pouch was filled with some material it wouldn´t be that flat...

sorry, by flat I meant not curling up or bending, not squished. If indeed canvas, I have to believe something is in the pouches to keep gravity from effecting them.

Depends on what you die them with I had some trouble turning my green ones black, so I used a grey fabric paint on them before painting that black, and noticed that if I put something IN them (a vacuum cleaner tube) and then painted them, they held the shape a LOT better once dry.

Would probably still need something to hold that shape if I was rough with it over time, and layed stuff on it... but... looks kind of sharp atm..