armor build progress- excited & nervous!

CHANTAL_CRASH

Just barely starting on my TD build...my very first one! I have watched/helped my husband with his...I am relying heavily on his guidance and help-at this point he has done most of the work. I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything!! Here is what I have so far:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Haven't got that far, but we have a few weeks off work so I should be able to get a lot done pretty quickly!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard Chantal!

Great to have a Sandie Girl around here! ;)

Take your time, don't rush things, measure and pre fit up to 3 times before cutting and trimming.

Ask questions around here, great troopers will do their best to aid you with knowledge and advice.

But above all, have lots of fun in your build up!!!

Enjoy the dirty path that lies ahead!

:duim:

Thank you all so much for the support! I'm having so much fun with this! Some women scrapbook....not me!! :) got a little done tonight, lots of snaps (that snap tool thing is awesome! So glad I don't have to hammer all this) and glued some from the butt plate to the kidney plate. Slow and steady! Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Haaaaayyyy!!!!

Gotta trim the chest plate from the bottom and figure out how to make the return edge...eep! But happy to see it starting to come together!! Thank god for trav or I'd be so lost.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll be using travs FX helmet for 501st approval then I'll build a new one later when I get some money to join MEPD!

Posted Image

We also trimmed the chest piece shoulder parts more... hopefully it will pull the chest piece up higher so we can trim the chest plate bottom to be more accurate later on ;)

Woot!

Posted Image

Cover strips are intense. I did ones to go in the inside for support and practice!!! I got a good system, at first the ruler was slipping when I went to score with the xacto cause I was pushing too hard i think. So I clamped the ruler down! Then I could do like three light passes and they came out great.

Posted Image

And for some reason all these clamps crack me up. Looks like a medieval torture device.

Posted Image