Finally back!

trooper1

Well, I'm back! It's been an extremely miserable 7 days dealing with the fallout from the huge storm. A storm that hasn't occurred for the past 78 yrs in the US struck some of the mid-east coast pretty hard. The county I live in, and the region I serve as fire chief was the worst hit in the county and state I live. I have dealt with people who have lived like it was the end of the world as we know it!

500,000 people in our state alone out of electric, 2 gas stations in 12 counties with ability to pump gas, and fighting in lines of 4 hr waits, no ice, no grocery stores open for 3 days, and dealing with 100 plus degree temperatures. No looting occurred and limited theft, so things are ok! I finally hit my wits end last evening when I sit in my yard under a full moon at 2 in the morning and about lost it because of so many things that were wrong.

Well today brought a light of hope with electric being restored to my home, with only 7000 left in my region without power of 54,000 of 7 days ago.

I know we definately owe a big thank you to energy companies who came to help out from New Jersey, Michigan, Tennessee, Ohio, Texas, and others I know I have missed, along with tree removal companies from so many places as well. God bless them all! I have been living at the fire station for 18 hrs a day dealing with elderly people who need water and ice, and just a place to get out of the heat. We have about 4 more days of outages before our county is back up to some normalcy so I should be back to usual some time next week.

Pauldron work will go back into service next week as well.

Well enough rambling, and just to say, I am glad to be back. Well almost!

Glad you're okay and that things seem to be turning around. What a crazy phenomenon and a real tragedy to so many. Well done for staying cool. Can't believe after all that you bother to tell us when your pauldron run would restart LOL ...I think we'd all understand of that had to take a backseat while you figure stuff out and recover !

Stay strong and stay safe

Didn"t know it was that bad up there. That's a rough way to live - or survive - until normalcy returns. Especially with the heat! Good to hear people were helping out instead of going crazy. Glad to hear you made it through.

Today was a rough one as well. Temp reached 106, and heat index was higher. It sucked! Had a few calls but day nearly over. As for pauldrons, lol, they help me get my mind off of all the stuff that's been going on. Shoot I am even watching episode 6 now on spike, just to take a break.

I am all geared up for CVI now! Bring it on!

Today was a rough one as well. Temp reached 106, and heat index was higher. It sucked! Had a few calls but day nearly over. As for pauldrons, lol, they help me get my mind off of all the stuff that's been going on. Shoot I am even watching episode 6 now on spike, just to take a break.

I am all geared up for CVI now! Bring it on!

Jay....COOOOOOL off Brother!!! 106!!!! That sucks!