Spiderman

DirtyBoy

I'd see it, sure, in one of the cheaper plexes. I won't bother with 3D (rare that I do since it's rare that I've thought that a stereoscopic movie have been worthwhile)

I've heard mixed reviews but I'm encouraged that they've tried to bring back Spidey, the wisecracker which I think was missing in Raimi's versions (great as they were).

As a Webhead fan, didn't dig Maguire's and Raimis versions as Spidey's essence as a character was lost specially in the 3 installment.

With this new reboot I'm going with no expectations, although the Cap and Gwen Stacey are true insertions to the comic series. Like the inclusion of Dr. Connors, but don't dig the 3D Lizard Version which is way beyond the one seen in the comic series.

Keep questioning why directors, producers and Marvel don't keep the basics as well as heroe and villain brand essence.

I saw it last night. I enjoy Andrew Garfield's portrayal of Peter Parker more than Tobey's. It was great to see actual web shooters too. The way Uncle Ben dies is more sad :( Peter really gets bullied in school in this one, maybe because bullying is such a major topic in the news right now. I'm puzzled by the teaser at the end, I don't know where this is going.

Didn't like it. Better than the previous 3 though.

Positives:

acting - Garfield did a good job as PP

Spidey poses that looked straight out of comics

Negatives:

movie was too slow

lizard CG wasn't very good

Spidey always taking/getting masked ripped off

weak plot/motive for lizard

convient 'stuff' in the plot - like 17 year old Gwen working for a corporation and welcoming college age interns (to name one)

I'm already bored just thinking about it all over...

Didn't like it. Better than the previous 3 though.

Positives:

acting - Garfield did a good job as PP

Spidey poses that looked straight out of comics

Negatives:

movie was too slow

lizard CG wasn't very good

Spidey always taking/getting masked ripped off

weak plot/motive for lizard

convient 'stuff' in the plot - like 17 year old Gwen working for a corporation and welcoming college age interns (to name one)

I'm already bored just thinking about it all over...

hmmm....sounds good Brian...lol

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, two times and by far much better than the lousy job done by Raimi and Maguirre.

Why? Peter Parker's and his alter ego as Webhead are true to the comic.

He's a troubled young guy, irresponsible with his chores, messes around with foes, etc now that's Peter Parker as in the comics

Like how Spidey made use of his classic camera, the way he shows his backpack and how he gets home battered after doing some Webhead spinning out there.

A big fail to me was the CGI done to Lizard, it did not follow his classic 60's and 70's resemblance.

His acting is good but not his looks.

The twist of showing Gwen Stacey instead of MJ is also a nice spinoff.

To me is the best Spidey movie of the franchise. Still it can improve in details for the future flicks to come.