Armor RTA

SID

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a test of a new super-material.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RVLYLrsh5tI

Wow! This is really nice looking armour. It's very screen accurate and I've always been a massive fan of you're work!..... I am, of course, speaking to Troopermaster here, you know, that guy that you've ripped off and recasted....

Thanks for your opinions on the new plastic.

I'm tired of proving that this is my armor.

How are draws its pattern from one project (the film) will always be similarities.

Thank you for your sincere expression. :yes:

Improving all the time to be the perfect armor.

Just stay with focused comments pls. No flaming even if slightly.

Discuss this armor against or in favor of what it is for an armor (including origin if you feel it still is important to discuss), but no flaming will be allowed.

Thread is about this particular armor make.

Don't want to see this go out of hand with "empty" posts.

Saludos.

This is presented in the video in my previous posts. . New sturdier material with high flexibility. 100% better than the hips.

is that rubber sid ? ,cos no plastic i have ever seen before behaves to vigorous stressing like that " super material " you have !!!!! ........ it seems more like a fancy dress costume material,than real hard armour ....i dont like it i am afraid ! :duimomlaag: ..... i am currently working on making moulds - Hand Made From Scratch ! , along with other 501st /MEPD buddies ,,and would not even consider using HIPS , or Rubberised material to make the armour parts ! - (apart from latex hand plates of course ) ..... SHEER PASSION,EXPERTISE ,HIGH QUALITY ABS ,and HIGH QUALITY VAC -FORM EQUIPMENT = HIGH QUALITY " PULL DEFINITION , AND QUALITY" ...... WHAT DOES " RTA" stand for sid ? ....(i have guessed the meaning,but may be wrong here !)

• 1 month later...

Attempts came positive. Material thickness of 1.5 mm.

My mask of new material see - the road to SWAT. :yes:

I find it truly amazing that the Command Staff (and some members) of this once great detachment let this guy openly promote his recast TM armour without bantering a eyelid.

Gone are the days when the prop and costuming World stod up for each other and policed themselfs to protect the work and good name of an important outstanding artist who is without doubt one of the most influential and knowledgable people that we've had the good fortune to have within our community.

Sad times indeed :dry:

I find it truly amazing that the Command Staff (and some members) of this once great detachment let this guy openly promote his recast TM armour without bantering a eyelid.

Gone are the days when the prop and costuming World stod up for each other and policed themselfs to protect the work and good name of an important outstanding artist who is without doubt one of the most influential and knowledgable people that we've had the good fortune to have within our community.

Sad times indeed :dry:

Copy that bro.

We/the mepd staff have looked into this matter.

But SID still claims he sculpt he´s RTA armor him self, and its not a TM recast he´s selling.

The 501st staff are in control over the mepd staff, and don´t see the proof about this issue, so we/the mepd staff can´t do nothing about it sadly...

Its a sensitive and sad issue in this hobby for sure.

Hugs.

believe me billy mate,i dont allow recasts in my collection! :verymad:

i think its just as rolf said that we dont have enough proof to

take any action!

it is sad but maybe by you just mentioning it here will open a few more

peoples eyes that arent aware of this!!!! :thumbsup:

Paul has all the proof you could ask for. He's got pics that blow RTA (Recasted Troopermaster Armour) out of the water. Just check his photos - its right there.

Not only that, but we can all tell Paul's shins anywhere, its always the first piece of TM that I notice first.

Brad....you have also seen me working on armour moulds recently .........

Yep and the amount of work to create an armour like that it's huge, I can't believe there're just few pics left..few things and only at the early stages, fishy..