silverBoyd's weathering

silverboyd

My buddy in the Carolina Garrison came to my house tonight to coach me in the start of my weathering. I did the dirty / oily mix. I love the results. Using a little burnt umber, grey and black (in 3-4 layers) I finished weathering my shins. Love the results. Check it out....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Can't wait to finish the rest of the armor

Weathered some more pieces tonight. I did my other shin, 1 shoulder bell and 1 bicep. I still need to weather the insides but I'll do that last.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also need to hit these pieces with the greasy / oily mixture of paint. Tonight I just focused on using the Burnt Umber.

Thanks for the great comments. Really makes me want to keep going.

Got the shins, right arm shoulder bell, right arm forearm & right arm bicep all weathered up. Each have about 3 layers of acrylic paint. I'm using the Liquitex BASICS brand paint by the way. It's about $4/tube I believe if you're interested in weathering yours.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got a few more pieces weathered tonight. It's getting there....hope to be finished weathering within the next few days

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm really pleased with the dirty / oily weathering process. Highly recommend it. And it's simple too

I am now finished w/ the weathering of my armor. Now the only things to weather are my pauldron, backpack and T21 blaster. This afternoon I attached the battery packs / thigh ammo (...whatever it's suppose to be) to the lower right thigh.

Posted Image

also, here's a shot of my paint pallet after weathering all of my armor. I used the top of a pizza box to mix acrylic paints.

Posted Image

Thought I'd share some new pics of me in my "newly weathered" AM armor (finally). These are not my official pics I'm submitting. Just thought I'd see how it all looked. I still need to add some foam inside my left shin to keep it from rotating when I walk, add my mortar tube / radar dish to backpack, add some type of velcro/elastic to keep my chest piece pulled down and I also need to attach my shoulder ammo pouch to my backpack strap. Otherwise, I think I'm looking good.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

looking good buddy,

one thing i would say is it seems theres a large gap between your trays on your pack!

may be worth tryin to shorten the frame a little. :thumbsup:

yEAH....i think the seed trays are a little gappy but I have the proper angle on my frame. Everything is riveted in place and taking things apart would throw a monkey wrench in everything I've done already. I made the proper measurements when cutting the PVC for the frame but I think the size of the Park Seed trays was just a little bit narrower than I thought. The frames are attached to aluminum bars that are riveted to the PVC frame. I appreciate the input / tips though.